Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By Stu79

Thai Takeaway - Sai Yin Pun, Mid Levels / Kennedy Town

Closed Thread

Thai Takeaway - Sai Yin Pun, Mid Levels / Kennedy Town

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Thai Takeaway?

Have tried Thai on High and the new Phukets location and have not been terribly impressed.. Not enough to go back in a rush.

70-80$ range for a green chicken curry would be a good benchmark.

Can try this hole-in-the-wall place that's quite popular:
    Phit Thai Food - Thai in Western District Hong Kong | OpenRice Hong Kong

Shek Tong Tsui cooked food market also has a Thai place, but it's not that amazing to me.

Cooked food center will be a challenge for a drive by take out.

Will check your recommendation out this weekend of the family agrees. Thanks.

Thai Na on Second St is the best.

Thai on High was good when it first opened and is still OK but I think they have lost some of the initial enthusiasm. Phukets is nothing special.

shri likes this.

Thanks for the Thai Na tip. Might be easier to drive by and pick up.

Phukets was good at that previous location near Robinson Road. Agree... Nothing g special.

I recently got food poisoning from Phukets

Thai on High is tasty but expensive. To be honest it's hard to find good Thai food in HK, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Thai on High is tasty but expensive. To be honest it's hard to find good Thai food in HK, why is that?
    I thought it was ordinary ... not even tasty and not enough for left overs.

We used to cook Thai food at home once upon a time. The Mrs and I had taken a class at West Island .... The trick was to pick up some fresh curry pastes from a tiny Thai run store in Wanchai (they steer you to the ready made one ... you have to steer them to the fresh one .. $7 a packet and rocket fuel grade!). Too lazy these days ...

There are some good places... but I don't think the new lot around High Street are truly authentic. Localised I'd imagine.

Thai Na and Phit Thai are on my list to test!

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I recently got food poisoning from Phukets

No idea, but I agree with you that the general standard of Thai food here is low. And really expensive too for some reason.

The best place I've found take a bit of travel but is worth it. Head out to Peng Chau, there is a cracking Thai behind the municipal services building right by the Central ferry pier. Really good food and cold Thai beer.

Not going to solve Shri's takeaway I realise, but for Thai food in general it's a good option.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    No idea, but I agree with you that the general standard of Thai food here is low. And really expensive too for some reason.

The best place I've found take a bit of travel but is worth it. Head out to Peng Chau, there is a cracking Thai behind the municipal services building right by the Central ferry pier. Really good food and cold Thai beer.

Not going to solve Shri's takeaway I realise, but for Thai food in general it's a good option.
    I think i might have been to that one, unless there are two thai places on Peng Chau.

I like Thai Simple Kitchen in Causeway bay. Good food and a nice setting with the courtyard in the middle.

There is a pretty decent Thai restaurant here, (Thai) family business ...

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@22.2...2!8i6656?hl=en