Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob2020

Does anywhere have the Mi Power Bank? Some operating questions

Closed Thread

Question Does anywhere have the Mi Power Bank? Some operating questions

So I have the Mi power bank and love its shininess. I still struggle to know how to use it though. There are 4 LED lights and a big power button.

How do you use the power button? So when I plug my phone to charge, do I need to click the power button? How do I know when its charging and when its not. And when I don't want it charge do I need to press the power button again?

Seems the whole device is missing a charging indicator?

The button is only necessary to turn on charging for some devices that don't seem to draw enough current to kickstart the charge.

The lights will flash while the device is charging, they also flash when you are charging the battery

The button does not serve as a true on/off switch - IMHO the button is kinda useless (at least for my devices)

MandM! likes this.

Yup that's about right. Just plug it in and it should charge. Your phone should tell you if it's charging, look at the battery icon.

and if i plug out my phone, does it stop drawing power from the mi bank or do i need to pull off the whole USB cable from mi bank to keep the battery on mi bank

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    So I have the Mi power bank and love its shininess.
    I love the slim form factor of the 5000mAh model. And it's only HK$69 in the Mi store in Mongkong, and for unknown reason around $100 in other places, Sintat, SSP etc.

When the phone is full it will stop drawing power, so you can leave it connected.

5000mah is the theoretical value but with the efficiency it is actually around 3500mah. So two iPhone charges or one Android charge.

I paid $90 for mine

I bought the sim card wifi router/7500 mah Mi power bank for our recent trip to the Philippines, worked great, 5 guys using the wifi from my power bank, worked brilliantly and still charged my phone. Cost HK$580.

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    and if i plug out my phone, does it stop drawing power from the mi bank or do i need to pull off the whole USB cable from mi bank to keep the battery on mi bank
    If you disconnect your phone, electricity won't continue to leak into the environment via the USB/power cable...if that's what you mean.

Removing the phone breaks the circuit, as it were.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    5000mah is the theoretical value but with the efficiency it is actually around 3500mah. So two iPhone charges or one Android charge.
    No idea about that. If you are right, the 3500mAh is still absolutely sufficient for me. In fact, I use the powerbank rarely anyway. It's like a safety backup, like safety belts, that are good to have but rarely used.