Like Tree64Likes

California fitness applied for bankruptcy?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    ... I have always been under the impression that most normal folks rent shoe lockers to stash a pair of shoes and some toiletries....however I learned that some of these guys leave their passports in their shoe lockers, emergency cash (few grand), Ipads, laptops and even jewelry and watches. I hope they manage to get their gear back at some point.
    shri, Bob Loblaw, JaredHK and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    I stopped by The One yesterday and there was a bunch of members loitering outside trying to get the stuff in their lockers. I have always been under the impression that most normal folks rent shoe lockers to stash a pair of shoes and some toiletries....however I learned that some of these guys leave their passports in their shoe lockers, emergency cash (few grand), Ipads, laptops and even jewelry and watches. I hope they manage to get their gear back at some point.
    Dumb fuckers.

Really, leaving such valuables in a third party, effectively uninsured site, I have to say it again, dumb fuckers.
    shri, JaredHK and JAherbert like this.

Foot Locker

On a more practical note I have just returned from vacation to find CF shuttered. Not worried on the membership front as I only had a month anyway but would just like to know how I can recover my running shoes from my foot locker?

@pong li - doubt you'd be able to recover those shoes.

In the mean time, one more arrest:

Customs arrest sole director of embattled JVFitness gym operator | South China Morning Post

Just got this text.
    Members of California Fitness, mYoga and Leap:

The Provisional Liquidators are arranging the collection of personal effects by members. Please check the official website or our Facebook page for more information.

臨時清盤人正在安排會員取回私人物 。詳情請參閱官方網站或Facebook專頁

TheBrit likes this.

I received a text message about this earlier today, its quite shocking that they would even propose this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Skierx:
    I received a text message about this earlier today, its quite shocking that they would even propose this idea.
    I wondered if the buyer of the data might be offering gym services, in which case it would have (some possible) value. But not much. Bizarre. I just ignored the text.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Scraping the bottom of the assets barrel perhaps.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9