Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tea addict
  • 1 Post By Tea addict

5 hostages in French church

Closed Thread

5 hostages in French church

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nne-du-rouvray

Were there any other murders or serious crimes in France on the same day that were not due to possible islamic terrorists? I don't actually know. It would be nice though if it were put into context.

EDIT: OK - wikipedia tells me that in 2012 (clearly before the recent wave of immigration) there are 662 murders per annum in France. So about 2 a day. This event resulted in 1 murder, so I assume there was probably another one somewhere else.

Seems both guys got shot already.

Just trying to work out why these Muslims decided to kill a priest in his place of worship ? The significance of which could blow this whole thing up into a holly war....?

Are they doing this because the average man in the street isn't fighting back ? so they have decided to go the really low blow, to get a rise out of the, Catholic component of society?

The Pope certainly wasn't happy about what went on today, especially on holly ground.

Just throwing that out there, because even the criminal underworld knows that places of worship are off limits. ie The Cosa Nostra etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Just trying to work out why these Muslims decided to kill a priest in his place of worship ? The significance of which could blow this whole thing up into a holly war....?

Are they doing this because the average man in the street isn't fighting back ? so they have decided to go the really low blow, to get a rise out of the, Catholic component of society?

The Pope certainly wasn't happy about what went on today, especially on holly ground.

Just throwing that out there, because even the criminal underworld knows that places of worship are off limits. ie The Cosa Nostra etc etc etc
    The poor priest was 84. Literally a defenseless, old man. Couldn't let the old guy live out his last days. Cowards is what they are.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    The poor priest was 84. Literally a defenseless, old man. Couldn't let the old guy live out his last days. Cowards is what they are.
    I thought the priest was 92 years old. Not that it really makes any difference.

DItto the rest of your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I thought the priest was 92 years old. Not that it really makes any difference.

DItto the rest of your comment
    They changed his age, before it said 84 and now it says 86. The attackers made him kneel and filmed the whole thing and spoke in Arabic and they were from ISIS.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/150339...by-terrorists/
    Skyhook likes this.

What I heard on the radio this morning (BBC) was that the attacker was a known ISIS fan who had been stopped twice from going to Syria to fight with them and apparently had a tracking device on his leg!

I did wonder what use it served anyone in stopping him. If he wants to go and die in Syria, just let him! If he fights for ISIS, arrest him if he returns.