When's best time to book ticket to HK from UK?

Closed Thread

When's best time to book ticket to HK from UK?

My cousin is looking to visit Hong Kong to do his HKID next July 2017. When is the best time to book a plane ticket to Hong Kong, flying out from the UK? 6 plus months before, or should she go for last minute deals? I searched via skyscanner and momondo few days ago and got like 1k plus return =_=

Last time I booked a ticket from UK to HK was back in spring 2009, 3 months before, only cost me about £350'ish including tax.

Anyone with some tips on getting the best deal?

Cheers

3 to 6 months before

Look into flying EVA to Bangkok, then budget to HK. I don't know about economy but on business it's a third the price of direct.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy:

Last time I booked a ticket from UK to HK was back in spring 2009, 3 months before, only cost me about £350'ish including tax.

s
    You don't think prices may have moved a little in 7 years?

Check the prices of Qatar airlines, Heathrow to Doha, Doha to Hong Kong, return, should be about $5800hkd return...

That was during the peak summer period during the Euro finals, and a couple of weeks notice.

Skyscanner.com will give you a range of options. You can also looking by month.

I flew to Munich this year in Summer and it was below 5k hkd only. I flew Qatar Airways. They always have cheap tickets, esp these days the economy isn't good. You can check it out.