Like Tree73Likes

2016 Legco Election - Candidates / FAQs

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Is it me, or the polling procedures are a bit "casual" in hk?
    I just went to the polling station and it resembles more a wet market than a polling station: no queues, people pretty much everywhere, voting cabins are open and everyone can see, ballot paper are not folded, the unused ones are just on a table piled, unguarded...
    ...I can't see how difficult it'll be in this mess to rig the results, tbh
    That's crazy. Where I voted it was very orderly, and only one person allowed in a booth, and ballot papers folded....

My polling station has moved. It's now in the middle of Kowloon Park - the sports centre next to the swimming pool. All very orderly - no complaints there. However, compared to the previous location, I now have a much longer walk to vote. It's also up several flights of stairs / or a steep incline. It is wheel chair accessible, but only via a long detour. Apparently two previous polling stations have been combined into this one larger station. The previous polling station was in a school next to restaurants, supermarkets and normal shops you go to every day. This one is next to a swimming pool. I guess conspiracy theorists would say that making it harder to vote for individuals makes it more likely that organised parties win as they are able to bus voters in.

David Smith

I eventually voted for 801 after he sent out a plea for more support on facebook late today, while my girlfriend voted for 803. Waiting for the results now....

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12