Like Tree41Likes

Is 32k per month a feasible salary for living in an expat area?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Get a 2 bedroom apartment in the following areas, your own lease, and rent the other bedroom out. Then you have a little more control of how things turn out when living with other people..

Aberdeen
    Ap Lei Chai
    Chai Wan
    Tin Hau
    North Point
    Kennedy Town
    Wan Chai
    Causeway Bay
    Aberdeen Street ( near LKF ) and down the hill ( LoHo )
    Happy Valley, lots of low rise walk-ups, higher floor=cheaper rent, and if you can get a roof top or terrace, BONUS !

Luck is going to play a big part in how this all pans out for you, having just a weeks company paid accommodation to find a new pad that's, semi nice, no easy feat at the best of times.

Good luck, being single and without family responsibilities, makes compromising on property a lot easier to tolerate. you will be fine.

East_coast likes this.

It's pretty doable imho, if your partner earns around as much. My wife and I are at that salary, and we can live in Mid Levels in a nice HKD16500 flat, save around 10k each month each, and enjoy a peaceful life.

If you avoid traps like having a credit card, buying useless gadgets and eating out every day (I did all that at beginning with a MUCH lower salary ) then HK can be pretty nice. I would never come back to my home country for example (France).

And you can always find a gigantic village house in Yuen Long for 11k. I once lived in a 10k 3-room flat in Tuen Mun, one hour away from the center by bus.

Hitesh5156 likes this.

I'll give you the short answer: no

Quote Originally Posted by MrBaker:
    I'll give you the short answer: no
    ITYM "wrong answer".

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6