Like Tree11Likes

Landlord questions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

contact @jmbf I remember he also rents out his place to a tenant and he drew up a 10 page tenancy agreement with lots of clauses LOL maybe he will share it with you.

They sell basic tenancy agreements at stationary shops. You can go to Wan Chai to get the lease stamped.

Charge the tenant 2 months deposit, plus first month rent, plus half of the stamp duty. Stamp duty is a percentage of the rental.

You are within your right to ask for salary proof, but it is off putting. One, I wouldn't share my salary with the landlord because then I'm to think they would unfairly raise the rent at the end of the year if the rental represented a small percentage of my salary. It's better to ask where are you from, what passport do you hold, how long have you been in HK, and what do you do. From these you can make a decision about whether to rent to them or not.

State in the lease what is included and what isn't. It would be smart to have photos of the flat (if it is expensive) in the lease itself. State who is responsible for repairs, maintenance items, etc. Also state who is responsible for management fee and government rates and rent.

Hope this helps.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    contact @jmbf I remember he also rents out his place to a tenant and he drew up a 10 page tenancy agreement with lots of clauses LOL maybe he will share it with you.
    good luck finding a tenant to sign that agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    good luck finding a tenant to sign that agreement.
    He has, maybe its not 10 pages long LOL but I think he added more things to better protect himself and if the tenant can agree to it and the price is right, someone will sign it.

Half the tenants (probably more) do not even read their lease to begin with. Just because they signed a lease doesn't mean they follow it, they go by what they think feels right (for them of course) then goes online to find a way out of the agreement.

DOH, i knew the username stated with J, its jrkob LOL

I thought law requires that the landlord provides receipt for rent paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    I thought law requires that the landlord provides receipt for rent paid?
    maybe it does but if you dont ask for them then the LL just assumes you dont need them. 1 less thing for the LL to deal with monthly

Original Post Deleted

duplicate