Like Tree15Likes

24hr layover

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I guess it depends what the OP wants to see.

The inside of a modern luxury spa resort is heaven to some but hell to others.

You can get to towns like Lijiang in about 6 hours and get a nice hotel in the middle of a UNESCO world heritage site.

you can also get to Hangzhou and it's west lake which is also UNESCO world heritage site in less than 5 hours as well

West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Wanchai
    A 24 hour layover not a 24 hour lay
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I visited Lijiang in 2003. I doubt I'd recognize it today.
    We went there in 2005. I've always wanted to go back. Has anyone been lately? Still good?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you can also get to Hangzhou and it's west lake which is also UNESCO world heritage site in less than 5 hours as well

West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
    Very beautiful. I loved it. So did the other 10,000 people there at the same time I think....

Quote Originally Posted by irisboards:
    IRCC, British passport holders (as well as many others) now don't need a visa to visit Vietnam. The Viet govt trying to lure in more tourists away from Thailand etc. Best to check again though...

Da Nang is a 90-min flight from HK by the way

Thanks - just checked UK Govt website:

Until 30 June 2017 ‘British Citizen’ passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for up to a maximum of 15 days without a visa. If you have a different type of British nationality – for example ‘British national (overseas)’- you’ll need to get a visa before entering Vietnam.

You must get a visa before you travel to Vietnam if you want to stay for longer than 15 days and/or if you wish to re-enter Vietnam within 30 days of your departure.
    irisboards likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Very beautiful. I loved it. So did the other 10,000 people there at the same time I think....
    A common experience in China. However, it's good to note that the crowds usually all stick to one route. It's not a guarantee for all sights, but if you stray away a few hundred yards from the main path, you will often find peace and serenity. That's my experience in Zhangjiajie, go with the cable car, hour-long line-ups, find a trail, you will barely see anyone for hours. Had a similar experience at the Stone forest near Kunming.

24HRS: Macau is basically the best choice in my opinion.