Like Tree157Likes

A few sandwich combo suggestions

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Ex-GF and Ex-carnivore.

If I had more discipline, I'd be a vegan . . .
    One of my ADHD quirks is hyperfocus. I'm very disciplined if I actually care about something. Issue is I can't pick what I care about lol
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    ^^^ big nope to the Burger King throne of processed cheese

There's a new Italian place on Caine, Florence Trippa, that makes a Lampredotto sandwich (tripe with salsa verde on a bun). Haven't had it yet, but their thin crust pizzas are on my 'acceptable' level if you can get them home before they cool (the re-heat is an option, of course). Their pastas are a bit overcooked for me, as I prefer al dente and not swimming. in sauce. Have only tried their spag bolognese. Definitely real paisanos there, though, with those unmistakeable accents. Wish them all the best and will be daring a lampredotto sandwich today. Tripe didn't bother me in China, so I think it may still be weird, so I'll have it once to save me a trippa trip to Florence. One bite, maybe. Then pass it over to my wife if my stomach can't stomach another stomach.
    I've had the trippa in the Mercato Centrale in Florence a couple of times. It's a thing to try at least once, but it's nothing special. I prefer trippa all romana. or even the Chinese way of cooking.

Regarding sandwiches - it's mostly cheese and ham toasties (I had so many as a student). I used to love Coronation chicken sarnies before I came to HK. Bacon butty even a chip butty would be great at the right time/ mood.

Back to doing what I do best . . . turning GXP into a sandwich enthusiasts' site.

https://ny.eater.com/2023/12/14/2397...Udzl90U1EDGkY0

SirNotAppearing likes this.

I had the #10 a lot as a kid, but it never had a name.

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    I had the #10 a lot as a kid, but it never had a name.
    I feel the need to hit the Tick Tock Diner and order one of these. Maybe in the summer for peak tomato season.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I feel the need to hit the Tick Tock Diner and order one of these. Maybe in the summer for peak tomato season.
    Tick Tock! Always our stop on Rt 3 after a concert at the arena when we had the munchies. (was called Brendan Byrne Arena back then). Then to GSP south a few exits ...
    huja likes this.

CarterTG likes this.

A sin against sandwiches . . . before long they will be putting baby food between to slices of bread.

https://www.eater.com/24085064/chopp...iSFRoFaU77NZnk

There's more than one reason to consider banning TikTok (and potential political interference isn't one of them).

huja and CarterTG like this.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28