Like Tree15Likes

Car Care

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Check where you live. There may be a guy who comes around and does this.
    My neighbor had such a polishing service. They came once a week. Even though owner itself rarely drove. They polished through the top paint to the layer below.

Where 0% of people wash their car daily, but 99% of helpers wash masters car daily. Not sure it's good or bad. Probably their only chance to leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by eterrestrial32:
    @DirtyHairy, are you talking about the road leading in towards Avignon from Castle Peak road right before the Piazza entrance? Maybe I was paying attention but I never saw a shop there. Just an estate agent and a Sinopec station.
    No it's the small alley just behind the sinopec on castle peak road.

Beuze and eterrestrial32 like this.

Another cool thing to do is drive down to the beach parking lot, strip down into your speedos, crank some tunes, and work it yourself. Life's too short not to have fun like this.

imparanoic likes this.

Some car parks have a car washing area.

@jr, for $220 per month, you get your car washed 3 times a week?? So 12 times for $220, that's less than $20 for a wash. Super cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Another cool thing to do is drive down to the beach parking lot, strip down into your speedos, crank some tunes, and work it yourself. Life's too short not to have fun like this.
    I think my bangin' beach bod might drive the rest of the picnickers away. Think Bruce Vilanch doing an impersonation of Cameron Diaz from Bad Teacher. It's not quite like that but you get the gist of it.

Thanks for the map DH. I guess price-wise, it's almost the same as getting a freelancer though I've never been a big fan of getting the car washed on a daily basis. On most days, a dry dust down will more than suffice and sometimes even that is not needed since there's not too much dust in HK. Let me check around to see what are the options with the freelancer and in the meanwhile I'll try out the place suggested by DH.

Thanks for sharing the location of that place @DirtyHairy. It was cheap and got the job done. Not super thorough but for the price, I can't complain. I guess I'll spend a bit of time on the weekend myself to tidy up the edges which they glossed over.

DirtyHairy likes this.