Like Tree5Likes

Tseung Kwan O

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jasons is good, their meat is / was priced lower than Taste and their frozen food is always reliably frozen, unlike the *frozen / thawed sitting around for 2 hours after delivery / frozen / sat at the top of the freezer half thawed * version you get at the typical PnS, or indeed the old Taste. But it's too small for a big shop, never really been impressed by Aeon and Wellcome is averagely ok. I use the Fusion in CWB now although not perfect it's the best of the bunch.

Popwalk is not something I've been overly impressed with. OK if you like glitzy shops full of shop assistants with nothing to do. Po Lam mall is better imho having been upgraded a tad, with some reasonable international clothes shops having moved in. Shitty PnS though. NEVER, EVER buy frozen food from there.

TKO is a mini HK, you can find most stuff you want, but not all in one place, and when you go back next week the thing they had last week you absolutely loved will have vanished forever. *shrug* It's Hong Kong init.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Jasons is good, their meat is / was priced lower than Taste and their frozen food is always reliably frozen, unlike the *frozen / thawed sitting around for 2 hours after delivery / frozen / sat at the top of the freezer half thawed * version you get at the typical PnS, or indeed the old Taste. But it's too small for a big shop, never really been impressed by Aeon and Wellcome is averagely ok. I use the Fusion in CWB now although not perfect it's the best of the bunch.

Popwalk is not something I've been overly impressed with. OK if you like glitzy shops full of shop assistants with nothing to do. Po Lam mall is better imho having been upgraded a tad, with some reasonable international clothes shops having moved in. Shitty PnS though. NEVER, EVER buy frozen food from there.

TKO is a mini HK, you can find most stuff you want, but not all in one place, and when you go back next week the thing they had last week you absolutely loved will have vanished forever. *shrug* It's Hong Kong init.
    Really? I think the Aeon has a great selection and good prices. Even Japanese beer is cheaper than you can buy in Japan!

Do you mean Popcorn Mall or Popwalk which is being built and opposite the station? If you mean Popcorn, I agree with you. It serves a purpose and I love the burger bar next to the cinema. And Po Lam and Hang Hau are only 1 and 2 stops away if you want Gap, Superdry, more electronic shops, H&M, Zara, etc

In the 6 months living there, quite a few friends including some snobbish ones from Mid-Levels have come over and been impressed with the area. I also love the fact when I sleep I cant hear anything!

I hear a chorus of 10 dogs, the neighbours fighting, the helper getting yelled at then finishing work at 11 pm and trudging off to her hostel, the clatter of mah jong tiles from the every-night triad party a few houses down. This is why I run my aircon all year round, it drowns out some of the noise. Village life rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I hear a chorus of 10 dogs, the neighbours fighting, the helper getting yelled at then finishing work at 11 pm and trudging off to her hostel, the clatter of mah jong tiles from the every-night triad party a few houses down. This is why I run my aircon all year round, it drowns out some of the noise. Village life rocks.
    Dang your village sucks LOL

Mine is cool, cant hear jack shit unless its my 2 dogs barking at other people walking their dogs nearby

I've had police call on my house for partying too late at night on Boxing day, my one and only BBQ crazy party LOL

I would consider TKO but not Lohas Park.

If your situation is bad then move.

I'll provide an alternative view and say to consier lohas park.