Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BrightSum

Central / Admiralty - Brunch / Sunday Buffet Recommendation?

Closed Thread

Central / Admiralty - Brunch / Sunday Buffet Recommendation?

Anyone have a good brunch recommendation in Central / Admiralty in the ~500 a person range?

Not looking for a breakfasty (eggs / bacon) type .. more of a lunch / something different.

@jrkob - I assume good for brunch on Sunday? Would not have thought of it as a brunch place - nice!

We had a very nice Sunday (I think) brunch at Lily & Bloom on Wyndham recently, and they allowed kids to run around in a 'playroom' upstairs--actually a floor of the restaurant that wasn't in use. I thought that was really nice of them. The food was delicious and they accommodated a vegetarian handily.

Even the free-flow champagne was quite drinkable and I think the beer was Stella, so not the cheap stuff. I'm not sure where it comes in on the lunch-versus-breakfast scale, but they had a salad bar, oysters, salmon and other stuff (and a decorate your own dessert table) in addition to courses ranging from waffles to more substantive lunchy things.

My only knock was that the otherwise charming staff didn't do anything to control a fairly raucous table of college-age people who were doing stupid "chug! chug! chug!"-type drinking games in a restaurant full of families minding their own biz. I'm going to assume that this wouldn't occur very often, in any case. Well, one other minor gripe: We got dinged HKD160 or more for two bottles of still water that we obviously wouldn't have touched had we known, considering the excellent variety of included drinks (OJ, apple, cranberry, beer, tea, coffee, wine, champagne and mimosa-related drinks). This common practice never ceases to displease me.

Best brunch I've et in HK and within your budget.

TheBrit likes this.

Yummy

Original Post Deleted
    looks really good, unfortunately I seem to be developing a mild shellfish allergy.