Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By huja

can i still renew my HK ID even though I live in the U.S ( I just want E-Channel through the airport)?

Closed Thread

can i still renew my HK ID even though I live in the U.S ( I just want E-Channel through the airport)?

I'm a U.S citizen, but lived in HK for a couple years. During my stay, I got the "M" HKID card(spouse visa), so I was able to enjoy the E-channel access.

We have now immigrated to the U.S, but still go to HK 1x to 2x per year. My HK visa is set to expire next year, but does this mean I also lose the E-channel Access? If so, is there a way to maintain it? Do I need to renew the visa? Im assuming that is impossible now since we both live in U.S right?

Quote Originally Posted by semidevil:
    I'm a U.S citizen, but lived in HK for a couple years. During my stay, I got the "M" HKID card(spouse visa), so I was able to enjoy the E-channel access.

We have now immigrated to the U.S, but still go to HK 1x to 2x per year. My HK visa is set to expire next year, but does this mean I also lose the E-channel Access? If so, is there a way to maintain it? Do I need to renew the visa? Im assuming that is impossible now since we both live in U.S right?
    It's possible and rather easy. Click the links and follow the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    It's possible and rather easy. Click the links and follow the directions.

thanks, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I still do not qualify correct?

i meet the age requirement, but I don't have a travel pass, frequency travel card, or go more than 3x per year. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by semidevil:
    thanks, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I still do not qualify correct?

i meet the age requirement, but I don't have a travel pass, frequency travel card, or go more than 3x per year. Am I missing something here?
    You're missing imagination and initiative. Sign up for Cathay Pacific's Marco Polo Club and you'll be qualified.
    MandM! and chuckster007 like this.