• 2 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By JAherbert
  • 1 Post By Kelvin Listar
  • 2 Post By Yinyly

ReSell/Close Hong Kong Limited Company

Closed Thread

ReSell/Close Hong Kong Limited Company

Dear Friends

Last year (july) I have opened up an offshore limited company in HK. Due to unforeseen reasons I wasn't able to use the company. There are no transactions and I even opened a bank account with it, absolutely no transaction. All accounts/tax returns are already paid.
    I would like to sell the company for a symbolic value, instead pay the de-register that seem quite high.

Does anybody have any advise as to how this can be accomplished? Where can I find an interested person to transfer the company over?

Thanks in advance,
    Ben

Cost of change of directors and shareholders is similar to buying a shelf company.

Not much value in buying a used company when you consider any hidden risks.

emx and Coffeeblender like this.

no one will buy your company actually, because there may be hidden risk...(let say you sign a supplier contract with someone that the we do not konw)

Coffeeblender likes this.

also, if no bank transaction (since July 2015) that account is probably suspended by now.

emx and shri like this.

For cost saving, I suggest you to deregister the company by yourself if your company did not have any liability.

1. Go to the Inland Revenue Department (Tax department): Submit IR1263 form and pay $270
    2. Once you received the No objection letter from the Inland Revenue Department (Tax department), go to Companies Registry to submit NDR1 form and pay $420

Close the bank account before you submit the form to Companies Registry

Trebor and shri like this.

Maybe you slipped and fell at the office awhile ago. Sold the company then claim it.

Too many hidden liabilities. It's too cheap and easy to open a new company.

There are agents though that do this but usually with some set up. I might have a friend who would be interested. Send me a PM with your details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinyly:
    For cost saving, I suggest you to deregister the company by yourself if your company did not have any liability.

1. Go to the Inland Revenue Department (Tax department): Submit IR1263 form and pay $270
    2. Once you received the No objection letter from the Inland Revenue Department (Tax department), go to Companies Registry to submit NDR1 form and pay $420

Close the bank account before you submit the form to Companies Registry
    This. It's dead easy and cheap to de-register a company if all filings are up to date.