Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By Gevening

is it possible to wire transfer from China to UK bank

Closed Thread

is it possible to wire transfer from China to UK bank

l have a mainland bank of china account opened with my HKID or China pink card pass . my property has been sold here in China, and was a given choice of HKD or RMB currency payments. I am a UK citizen as well but do not work in China. l plan to wire the money to a UK bank. Is settling for HKD the better wiser choice for ease of sending money to UK?

Which one gets you a better rate?

There's some restrictions on taking RMB money out of China.

This is an old article but gives you an idea.

China limits overseas cash withdrawals for its citizens - Sep. 30, 2015

If you have bought the property with your HRP and have paid all taxes on the sale you can just wire the funds out, no limits on the amount. However HK-Chinese citizens have to exchange it to HKD at the Chinese bank and wire it to HK. You need a copy of the contract, the tax receipts, a printout from the property records bureau showing the buyer as the new owner, a permit from the local tax bureau and a permit from SAFE (You get them in that order). Take all the document to the bank, jump a few hoops and voila. The SAFE permit has a QR code which the bank has to scan in order to proceed. Can't get around it.

Edit: You can only transfer the amount you have paid tax on. If you have used a second contract at the property office to pay lower taxes then you can only transfer the lower amount.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 20-01-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If you have bought the property with your HRP and have paid all taxes on the sale you can just wire the funds out, no limits on the amount. However HK-Chinese citizens have to exchange it to HKD at the Chinese bank and wire it to HK. You need a copy of the contract, the tax receipts, a printout from the property records bureau showing the buyer as the new owner, a permit from the local tax bureau and a permit from SAFE (You get them in that order). Take all the document to the bank, jump a few hoops and voila. The SAFE permit has a QR code which the bank has to scan in order to proceed. Can't get around it.

Edit: You can only transfer the amount you have paid tax on. If you have used a second contract at the property office to pay lower taxes then you can only transfer the lower amount.
    wow, thanks for info, China is awful, I think I will request HKD payment into my HKG bank. thanks for info.

cheers
    Last edited by Gevening; 20-01-2017 at 01:55 AM.
    MandM! likes this.