Like Tree190Likes

UK Elections 2017

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33

Hey, I'm not sure if this has already been asked because it seems to move so fast. But do you know if we can vote while in the UK? I'm assuming we can't because my sisters couldn't vote for Brexit but wasn't sure whether the general election is different?

Quote Originally Posted by Derekcheung88:
    Hey, I'm not sure if this has already been asked because it seems to move so fast. But do you know if we can vote while in the UK? I'm assuming we can't because my sisters couldn't vote for Brexit but wasn't sure whether the general election is different?
    Depends a lot on who 'we' is, surely? You can't vote if you're not registered, and the deadline for that passed weeks ago. If you're registered to vote by post, I think you can still turn up in person, but if you registered to vote by proxy I think your proxy has to vote for you...

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    And so it begins
    And so it begins, for what? Voters are nothing but pawns so that someone feels good with 'popular support' and can say with confidence: I'm going to do this and that because YOU want it. The consequences are all yours. The pay is mine to keep.

The question is will the election be hacked again.

Quote Originally Posted by mlew:
    The question is will the election be hacked again.
    Why would Putin (who wants to see Europe splinter into squabbling nation states again) risk it when the party driving for hard Brexit is still supposedly ahead in the polls, even if just narrowly, and even Corbyn's Labour is committed to making Brexit happen?

The only imaginable "threat" to Putin and all the brexiteers is a coalition government with LibDems demanding second referendum over Brexit.

On a semi-related note, I wonder what sort of tonal guidance has the PRC media sent to the Chinese community residing in the UK. The CCP also wants the theoretically influential European Union knocked off its world stage status and during the Scottish Indyref sided strongly with the Imperial side.

touche

Moved the election results discussion to a new thread:

https://geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread343898.html