Like Tree159Likes

ESF - What do you think?

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I certainly hope you're not talking about me given I'm saying I'd rather send my kid to state funded schools in the US than private schools in HK...
    No, I didn't have you in mind when I typed that.

My apologies if you felt that it was...

@rickyross NYC suburbs. Westchester County, Northern New Jersey, Connecticut.
    You really are clueless, aren't you?

You said you were comparing NYC suburb public schools vs HK international schools.

Westchester Country is not part of NYC. Neither is NJ or CT because they're different states.

Oh and regarding NYC area public schools

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/amp....rnd/index.html
    How is this even relevant to NYC area public schools when the link is about schools in New Jersey? It's even in the title, can you read?

Good luck picking a school district for your little one when you don't even know where NYC is or what a state is.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    You really are clueless, aren't you?

You said you were comparing NYC suburb public schools vs HK international schools.

Westchester Country is not part of NYC. Neither is NJ or CT because they're different states.

You really are an idiot, I'm sorry.

The suburbs of NYC are in a region called the Tri-State Area, which includes NY, NJ, and CT.

If your argument is based on me, who grew up there, not knowing what a suburb of NYC is, then you have no argument.

I'm done discussing with you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/r...burb.html?_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...ropolitan_area
    TheBrit and librarygirl2 like this.

Good luck trying to convince people you meant "tristate area" when you've been saying "NYC suburbs" all along. I agree, no point in discussing with a moron who thinks CT, NJ is part of NYC. Once again, good luck picking a school district when you clearly don't know the difference between time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boroughs_of_New_York_City

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Good luck trying to convince people you meant "tristate area" when you've been saying "NYC suburbs" all along.
    Are you the long lost cousin of Watercooler? This is how he used to argue and it was annoying as sin.

Everyone understood what NYC suburbs are - they are the places people live in and commute to NYC from and yes, some are across the river and some are in different states. If you didnt know that, educate yourself instead of digging a bigger hole.
    merchantms and librarygirl2 like this.

Someone loves gossip so much, I think I was wrong in assuming he was even a man. Absolutely pathetic. He talks about people he forgets he has on ignore, sounds like dementia to me!

Last edited by rickyross; 28-04-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Are you the long lost cousin of Watercooler? This is how he used to argue and it was annoying as sin.

Everyone understood what NYC suburbs are - they are the places people live in and commute to NYC from and yes, some are across the river and some are in different states. If you didnt know that, educate yourself instead of digging a bigger hole.
    Looks like you aren't from NYC so I'll give you a pass - nobody uses the term "NYC" to refer to the tri-state area and vice versa. NYC is made up of Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan and any location that falls outside of these boroughs isn't NYC.

Kapish?

How do I know? I'm from Queens.

Original Post Deleted
    Nice sweeping generalization,

People in the NT do not deserve The Brit --- wow getting more and more condescend by the day are we?

Your post is indicative of what kind of man you are - a big fat ass****

Sorry had to be said. [yes sometimes you say some interesting thing but FFS you really are an ass****]

Shri - you can ban me for that if you want. No issue.
    rickyross, Beuze and civil_servant like this.

NYC is outlined in red - the term "NYC" refers to New York City and it's five boroughs, it doesn't refer to the tri-state area and definitely not the whole of New York. You can use the term "tristate area" to refer to an area including NYC, but not the other way around.

The Pearl River Delta includes Hong Kong, but does "Hong Kong" refer to Shenzhen or Macau? Let's put this argument to rest.

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place...!4d-74.0059413

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17