Like Tree23Likes

No EVs Registered in April 2017

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    While I don't agree with your point that EVs aren't much cleaner than ICE (bearing in mind when you replace an ICE with an EV, you don't replace just the car but with an existing power grid, you replace the fleet of diesel trucks trucking fuel all over the city to gas stations; that and pumping the oil out of grounds in some politically dubious countries only to burn off tons of it into the air in refinement and then put it into massive tankers burning bunker fuel to carry it across our oceans which may or may not sink in storms, etc etc)., I DO AGREE with your point about focusing on commercial trucks

Honestly have no clue about costs / efficiencies of electric / hybrid trucks and buses.

I do want a tesla 3 if it is reasonable, when released. I also do want a BMW Z4 or whatever it is called, when it is released.

emx and Titus like this.

Original Post Deleted
    - I think you've proven your point ...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Honestly have no clue about costs / efficiencies of electric / hybrid trucks and buses.

I do want a tesla 3 if it is reasonable, when released. I also do want a BMW Z4 or whatever it is called, when it is released.
    Shri's first EV

Name:  80932343769_5567.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  79.3 KB
    shri and Titus like this.

No electric hardtop on that one.

Original Post Deleted
    What is the lifespan of an EV here then?

I've had my EV in Hong Kong for coming up to 7 years. Battery is at ~95% of what is was new. Seems that the lifespan of an EV here should be similar to petrol/diesel equivalents (and similar to experience overseas).

Original Post Deleted
    Emissions from manufacturing are typically dwarfed by the emissions from running the vehicles on the road, after just a couple of years - even from relatively low mileage private cars. For commercial vehicles, manufacturing emissions are really irrelevant in the long-run.

What you say brings up an interesting point. If you put an EV and a petrol vehicle on the road today, the EV will get less polluting as time goes by (as the power grid improves), while the petrol vehicle will only get dirtier (as engine efficiency deteriorates).