Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cookie09

How many visits are too many?

Closed Thread

How many visits are too many?

My boyfriend is currently working in Hong Kong. I came out to visit him in December 2016 for 28 days, February 2017 for 16 days, and then a long trip in May/June of 2017 for 51 days. I'm currently planning my next trip to go see him, I was originally going to go see him for a month in December however it currently looks like I'll be able to be there from October- The first week in December or roughly 75 days. I'm able to travel as much as I do due to the fact that I have my own business and work freelance, so I can work my tail off for a short period of time and then go and travel for a few months and support myself comfortably. Oct-Nov are notoriously slow for me while December, specifically closer to Christmas, is usually one of my best times and I'd rather be home working, hence why the date change.

However I'm worried that just due to the sheer amount of time I've spent in HK already in the last 12 months, I'll either be turned away or only let in on a limited stay. I know there's nothing sketchy about my trip, I have zero plans or desire to work while I'm there, and I will spend my time with my boyfriend when he's not at work or doing touristy things while he's at work. Am I just being silly or is this something I should actually be worried about? I'm American and in my mid 20's. Thank you!

If you are Caucasian, then I wouldn't worry too much. I know this sounds discriminatory but it's likely how HK immigration will judge

Rob2020 likes this.

The fact that you have previously left well before your allowed time ran out means you will have no problem (and yes if you are white it will help).

As the others have said above, White - American - Left on time before = NO PROBLEMs

You should try to go for some weekend trips to other Asian countries nearby with or without your BF if you havent done it already in the past.

Know of some doing this but actually living in Hong Kong full time leaving every 3 months for the past 5-10 years.

Of course your reason to visit must always be tourist. And you can sign up for echannel as a frequent visitor so you never have to speak to an immigration officer anyway.

Not really, very much related to the economic development of that country in addition to race.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    If you are Caucasian, then I wouldn't worry too much. I know this sounds discriminatory but it's likely how HK immigration will judge