Like Tree31Likes

2800 or individual shares?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original Post Deleted

Pretty much this. I'm deterred from buying the hang seng because there's a LOT of exposure to Chinese companies, banking sector, etc. I like tencent though, so I just bought that instead. Because tencent is so heavily weighted in the HSI, This is why the tracker has done so well.

Also look at the HSI today. Yes it's done well... But it's only slightly above where it was in 2015. Meanwhile, the US market has performed much better and has more solid companies too.
    TheBrit and shri like this.

Original Post Deleted
    For example, if you give in a buy order for a US stock in US then the limit price you can set is limited to last price less 30%.
    In Frankfurt I can speculate on an even lower price, give in an order once and then go on a long holiday.

Bumping this back up for a reality check - a couple of years down the road, how does every one feel about 2800 v/s individual stocks?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Bumping this back up for a reality check - a couple of years down the road, how does every one feel about 2800 v/s individual stocks?
    Of all the stocks in @pin's first post, I hope he didn't sell 0823 Link. That's the one that returned 35% last year at a time when 2800 and the rest of the stock market had a pretty shit year.

What are the dividend aristocrats of HK? I have moved towards US shares. I find there is more potential, and there is more source of information, and some are global companies, so there is a cushion if the US economy has problems.

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    What are the dividend aristocrats of HK? I have moved towards US shares. I find there is more potential, and there is more source of information, and some are global companies, so there is a cushion if the US economy has problems.
    I'll point you to three indexes from which you can pick your dividend stocks.

- S&P Pan Asia Dividend Aristocrats Index
    - Dow Jones Asia / Pacific Select Dividend 30 Index
    &
    - Hang Seng High Dividend Yield Index

Study the methodology of the three indexes and build your own Taipan list of stocks.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4