Like Tree29Likes

How people survive in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Well if you qualify for a public housing unit, then you would have a decent disposable income. I've seen a few late model mercs, BMWs, teslas at public estates.
    guys picked up the girls ?

Name:  IMG_20170926_071123.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  3.02 MB

Saw this near my office.
    civil_servant and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    guys picked up the girls ?
    No they're always permanently parked up by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Saw this near my office.
    Interesting- I wonder why it's in English rather than Chinese.

Greed

It’s called.....GREED. Lots of it here. They don’t care about trying to help the younger generations in being able to afford housing. It’s all about them (present owners of housing) trying to get their investments to reach higher levels so they can profit even more from those properties. It’s a ME, ME, ME world. As long as my a*s is secure. Who cares about the next guy. I feel bad for the youth in this city. Like what was said, no wonder they are frustrated. Angry. They have a right to be!

You may already own a property and you want to buy a new cheaper one. You can't have both at the same time.

You missed the golden opportunity to buy cheaply or you were born in the wrong years or your parents did not have money to buy or plan for you. You can wish your grandparents bought shops in the busy shopping areas in the 1960s, back then most people were poor. Before the handover, they say everything so good, things affordable, salary and economy increases a lot yearly. These people have been labelled negatively in the SAR by saying they miss the good old British days.

Yes, it's a ME, ME, ME world, most of the world are similar except maybe countries in Northern Europe. People care about their own and their children only. Unless governments intervene free markets, the prices will remain high. Cities in Canada, Australia and China, also expensive. Can partly remedial the problems by public housing as in HK and Singapore.

Last edited by lighthse003; 26-09-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    shri likes this.