Like Tree7Likes

Made a mistake with mailing some documents

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've had very good experiences with the HK postal service going above and beyond to help us get packages and what not. Go and talk with the post office you sent it from (it would be stamped from there). See what they can tell you about if it would be returned to the branch or not, and if not who else you can contact (usually they will ring up whatever related department for you and give you further instructions if they can). I can't quite remember our experience, but we also lacked proof of address or something, but they took it in good faith (using common sense!) that we were indeed the ones our package belonged to!

But like another poster said, try also to see if it was a problem from the government's side or be patient.

For all the terrible levels of customer service HK has, their post office gets it all right!

huja likes this.

They have some good guys working in their postal tracing department. Talk to the post office and you might be able to recover. But give it a few days. This is a very slow week because of the holidays

huja likes this.

Thank you so much everyone. I would be going to the post office I sent from to check on Monday. Hope i manage to get the documents inside as that’s the only copy I have and won’t be able to get another copy.

Morrison likes this.

@Srashes - Did this get resolved? Curious...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Srashes - Did this get resolved? Curious...
    I managed to get the government offices to extend the deadline. HK post however couldn't help much as I didn't have a return address. It has been 2 weeks since I opened a complaint but they haven't gotten back to me.

Though it was my fault to begin with. I just realised the minimum stamp cost is $1.7 since 2016 . I didn't realise this at all since I did 2 mails earlier to the bank with the $1.4 stamp and they successfully received my mail. I guess the bank paid the 30c to receive my post ...

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    . . . . I guess the bank paid the 30c to receive my post ...
    The bank doesn't pay for anything. It'll be passed along to you in one way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    The bank doesn't pay for anything. It'll be passed along to you in one way, shape or form.
    Haha not exactly. It was a credit limit app increase. As far as I am concerned, they never got a penny from me in the form of interest/annual fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    Haha not exactly. It was a credit limit app increase. As far as I am concerned, they never got a penny from me in the form of interest/annual fee.
    You paid a currency of anguished key strokes and time spent with the postal service.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You paid a currency of anguished key strokes and time spent with the postal service.
    Profited by getting a $200 rebate for a new phone! So its a win for me.