Like Tree2Likes

HKD online investment platform / stock broker

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great, thanks for the help.

So IB / Saxo are the options for what I'm looking for (funds to invest in, online platform)?

Individual investor, little knowledge on investment, new to stock/trading. Meagre savings from salary that has to be invested.
    Any advice how to start with investing?

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Individual investor, little knowledge on investment, new to stock/trading. Meagre savings from salary that has to be invested.
    Any advice how to start with investing?
    Depends how much. Suggest you do a search on these threads first and a bit of reading before diving in.

My advise, if you are starting out small, with limited numbers buy the following on the HKSE: 2800 (HK Tracker Fund), 3140 (S&P 500) and 2189 (HK Bonds ETF).

Others are probably going to chime in and say stuff like liquidity, China risk and cost amongst other things and I totally agree with them.

BUT if you are starting out small these three via an HK brokerage (one of the banks would be recommended) are probably your easiest bet if you are starting out small. When you have a bit more saved up you can consider ETFs listed in London that are Irish listed and trade in USD.
    shri and shafiq like this.

If you don't want to invest a lot of money, set up a monthly stock investment plan at one of the banks. I did that as a test for six months and it's a very good way to put away a little bit every month. The minimum per stock is reasonable enough to put some money in the usual suspects that pin mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If you don't want to invest a lot of money, set up a monthly stock investment plan at one of the banks. I did that as a test for six months and it's a very good way to put away a little bit every month. The minimum per stock is reasonable enough to put some money in the usual suspects that pin mentioned.
    Ah yes the monthly plan is a good idea. HSBC and Citi offer it. SCB don't mind you.

Thanks @pin. Just did it. Also reading thro posts and forums and learning. Hope one day can invest wisely!!

Just opened the monthly investment plan. Will go with @pin idea first. There seems a lot to be read and watched to learn how stocks behave.