Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy

Vietnam & Thailand for kids

Closed Thread

Vietnam & Thailand for kids

Dear all,

I'm planning to go either Vietnam or Thailand for Christmas Holidays and my main concern is to find a nice place for my kids to have fun (not much sightseeing). I have been looking for a good resort, all included and targeting 4 stars accommodation.

If anyone can give me some advice (which country and some options as well) I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!!

30 Minute drive from Da Nang is Sunrise which is good value, kid friendly, and worth a look.Resteraunts were better than some hotels at double the price.

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Hotel_..._Province.html

Experience - Kids club - Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An

hin23leung likes this.

Club Med Phuket is great if you have kids. It’s an all inclusive resort.

The resort is not luxurious at all but it is very large and great fun. If you don’t want to do sight seeing I think this is a great place. They have kids clubs and activities going all day and night.

They make everything so easy.

Thanks for advice!

Appreciate it!

I booked a pool villa at Grand West Sands Resorts in Phuket, this resort even has it own Water Park, great fun with the kid (2 yr old), resort has 2 large swimming pools as well, right next to the beach with life guards and Airport next door as well but u dont hear the airplane noises. Its 1 hr away from Patong nightlife, resort has shuttle bus to there if you book seats early or do what we did and book a taxi from outside if you want to do some nightlife stuff. lots of restaurants by the resort to eat and small shops to buy stuff. can hire motorbikes or cars to travel around.

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Hotel_...ct_Phuket.html

Last edited by chuckster007; 24-10-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: villa not village DOH!!!!

If you're not sold on Vietnam or Thailand, I took my kid to Kota Kinabalum the Shangri-la there is great for kids.

How's the weather there? Hot in Christmas Holidays?? How to get there from Hong Kong?

Thanks!!

It's around 30 all year round, direct flights available from HK and the Shangri-la is a 20 min taxi from the airport.

While I find Hoi An lovely for the whole family the extra expense for visas is off putting. Phuket is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    While I find Hoi An lovely for the whole family the extra expense for visas is off putting. Phuket is a better choice.
    Hoi An can also be cool and rainy during Christmas. Best season for Xmas is the Andaman Coast.