• 1 Post By Happy Chappy
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Appliances

Closed Thread

Appliances

Sorry - my weekly question coming up.

Do mist apartments or houses come with appliances such as washing machine, dishwasher or fridge ?
    Looking to fill a container and good name products seem much cheaper here.
    Thanks

Do mist apartments or houses come with appliances such as washing machine, dishwasher or fridge ?
    No

Looking to fill a container and good name products seem much cheaper here.
    apartments are generally very small, few ppl have space for dishwasher and no plumbing is provided.

I bought a regular size fridge freezer but it does not fit under the kitchen units in the new apartment

And the space for the washing machine in your new place might be much less than the standard size machine
    East_coast, shri and MandM! like this.

Thought so much - thanks. Looking at village houses on Lantau and they seem to be ok space wise. Am I right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Chappy:
    Thought so much - thanks. Looking at village houses on Lantau and they seem to be ok space wise. Am I right ???
    in village house apartments many have a cold only tap and drain for the washing machine on the balcony, or if you have the top floor then the roof is an option - but even with a cover, it is outside all day everyday in all weather, there is no point to spend a heap of money on top of the range model to watch it slowly rust.

incidentally, for village house 1F or 2F be prepared to pay extra fee per floor for hand carrying goods upstairs - very unlikely a shipping company would price for that.

even some ground floor village houses are accessed by stairs and extra fee is charged.

I think you will be shocked by the flat size compared to home.

Thanks for that. Properly leave it and get it there.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Chappy:
    Thanks for that. Properly leave it and get it there.
    If you're sticking a washing machine on a balcony there is little point in buying a pretty new one

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/hom...nces/ad/452063
    JAherbert likes this.

Not to mention if your landlord raises your rent or kicks you out after a year then you have to move everything.

You could negotiate for 1 or 2 appliances to be included. Some flats include them all. Luck of the draw.

JAherbert likes this.

Can I have a small question on your thread please? Is there any website or Facebook groups, forums that people post their used appliances for sell in HK? I'm afraid that my new flat won't have few necessary things and I'm looking for second hand ones. Would be nice if there are places people give away these things, I can just pay for the transportation to my place.

Usually not free but if you look definitely can find nice fridge washing machine wine fridge for $100-500 each. Be quick and keep an eye open.

Geoexpat classifieds is a great tool. Facebook not so much--too much junk and difficult to contact other users. There's another expat website that is busy so you have to look out a few times a day to find those good deals on their classifieds. And if you are willing to go to Discovery Bay they have their own website with good deals to be had. I picked up a bunch of Lane Crawford stuff there for pennies on the dollar.

AlexHien likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Usually not free but if you look definitely can find nice fridge washing machine wine fridge for $100-500 each. Be quick and keep an eye open.

Geoexpat classifieds is a great tool. Facebook not so much--too much junk and difficult to contact other users. There's another expat website that is busy so you have to look out a few times a day to find those good deals on their classifieds. And if you are willing to go to Discovery Bay they have their own website with good deals to be had. I picked up a bunch of Lane Crawford stuff there for pennies on the dollar.
    Thanks! this would be helpful. Yes I agree Facebook is not really a good place to sell and buy. It works in my country though but I guess it's not in HK.