Like Tree11Likes

Personal loan question

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    Deleting the app won't do much. It is the information which you have shared with them which is now out there.
    Never used my real name on there -- yes a bunch of stuff is shared. Was my way to keep in touch with family.
    @AmRa6, do you not opt out for the harassing phone calls? I opted out for every bank/credit account that I've applied, and I've never had a phone call from the bank. Do get those junk calls now and then but mostly blocked with the junk call blocking app that I use. Plus -- why bother wasting time talking to the bank to begin with? I don't have time for them --

Sorry if I wrote my post badly. I didn't mean random solicitation calls from the bank, I think I have opted out of those. These are related to issues like authorizing transactions, possible fraudulent charges, issues I have usually initiated but the customer rep has to call me back a few times to resolve. Still they are calling me and asking for personal id confirmation, which if they turn out to be a criminal posing as the bank they could then very easily use to phone the bank back and pose as me.

I've never tried the call blocking app. Have you had any cases where a legitimate business or friend was blocked by mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6:
    Sorry if I wrote my post badly. I didn't mean random solicitation calls from the bank, I think I have opted out of those. These are related to issues like authorizing transactions, possible fraudulent charges, issues I have usually initiated but the customer rep has to call me back a few times to resolve. Still they are calling me and asking for personal id confirmation, which if they turn out to be a criminal posing as the bank they could then very easily use to phone the bank back and pose as me.

I've never tried the call blocking app. Have you had any cases where a legitimate business or friend was blocked by mistake?
    Definitely had issues where a legitimate call was blocked but they also sent a text which I received.

Nowadays I typically WhatsApp with friends on the phone anyway. Very rare to receive a call.

I've had issues with the bank in the past and they communicated by email mostly. I do recall they asked for information like you said but I first had to call them back to verify who they were then it was fine. I quickly remembered the staff voice so it wasn't an issue.

Nothing since then and that was years ago.