Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz

Nexus 5X

Closed Thread

Nexus 5X

I bought my Nexus 5X directly from Google about 26 months ago. One month after the end of the warranty it started bootlooping, and -after much insisting- they replaced the device free of charge (minus postage, time, data loss, ...). Now, again 13 months later the replacement device is bootlooping again. Turns out that instead of sending me a device that had a fix applied (which were already available at the time!) they sent one with a known defect from their stock of useless devices.

I reached out to Google and now they want me to contact LG despite earlier stating that support for devices purchased directly from Google does not go through LG. They also stated that their support policy has changed and that they cannot do any replacement anymore.

Are there other people in this forum affected by this issue? I love my Nexus 5X and would love to keep on using it going forward.

I took mine down to MK and got someone to fix it for $600 - it's been working flawlessly for the past 6 months, albeit mainly as a nighttime snore-covering audio player...

Problem is you're not going to find many repair shops with spares...

If you're on HK side, try these guys.... They've repaired a screen on an older Nexus 5 and replaced a MB on the 5x for me (well known problem with bootlooping.). Finally the speaker gave up and the device is now used as a email / web browsing device @ home.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/121/threa...ml#post3428121

I have a spare n5x gathering dust. I may be interested in selling.

Sorry to hear that but I hope you can find the right shop to repair it. Better yet, a new unit might do well.

Try taking a look at this thread if you haven't already - possible fixes and also mention of LG doing free replacements.

https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus...ix-boot-phone/

Another option is to try contacting Google again. I was at IKEA today and asked an employee where the wood-sealant was, and she said that CWB no longer carries it, and to try Tsuen Wan or Kowloon Bay. I checked my phone and IKEA.com said CWB had the oil, so I asked the guy at the furniture counter where I could find the oil, and he told me it wasn't his department, but he had seen it by the power drills. Finally, I got another lady who told me that the oil is actually upstairs, in the kitchen cabinets department.

With these big companies, the left hand never knows what the right is doing. I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing Google is bigger than CWB IKEA. Good luck.

I know this is an oldish thread, but just in case... Before my 5X died, I bought a skin for it from dbrand, never got around to putting it on, didn't seem much point after I resurrected it as a spare. Before I bin it, if there's anyone out there still using a 5X who'd fancy some black/red carbon-fibre-ish accents for it, let me know!

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I know this is an oldish thread, but just in case... Before my 5X died, I bought a skin for it from dbrand, never got around to putting it on, didn't seem much point after I resurrected it as a spare. Before I bin it, if there's anyone out there still using a 5X who'd fancy some black/red carbon-fibre-ish accents for it, let me know!
    I have a spare 5x. Will take the skin of it's going spare (no pun intended).