Like Tree20Likes

2018 China Visa Processing - Outsourced + New Fees

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

I am actually will book for a china visa appointment for this forthcoming tuesday, UK passport, via the official goverment outsourced visa issuing office, i have a 3 year visa from 2011-2014 on my old uk passport and i will take both, i am expecting around HK$1200 in total in fees, if i am lucky i will get 3 year visa, if i am not so lucky, i will get 1 year visa.

does any one know if it's 3 year the maximium length for multi visa with a UK passport, is it possible to apply for 5 years or even the rumoured 10 years which is possibly (but the conditions for apply in UK chinese consulate visa agency for this 10 year visa is very hard to obtain, even for 5 years is hard, apparently 2 x 2 year visa within 5 years)

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I am actually will book for a china visa appointment for this forthcoming tuesday, UK passport, via the official goverment outsourced visa issuing office, i have a 3 year visa from 2011-2014 on my old uk passport and i will take both, i am expecting around HK$1200 in total in fees, if i am lucky i will get 3 year visa, if i am not so lucky, i will get 1 year visa.
    Did you manage to get a 3 year visa in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Let us know if you got 3 years or not? I have never got this with a UK passport, the longest has been 1 year and the last couple of times have only been 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Let us know if you got 3 years or not? I have never got this with a UK passport, the longest has been 1 year and the last couple of times have only been 6 months.
    I did this recently as a UK passport holder, and for me it is still a maximum of 6 months. They can do 1 year IF you are invited by a Chinese national, but that's a bit of pain in arranging, when I last had my father in law to endorse me

looking to apply for one but then gave up waiting inspite of appointment

seems like the current "outsourced" system went backwards and that includes an extra service fee to pay for the "privilege" of this service.

unfortunately nowhere to complain on bad service standards - just shows this new visa agency prob did some side deal with some senior person to get some kickback

Quote Originally Posted by ermen:
    looking to apply for one but then gave up waiting inspite of appointment

seems like the current "outsourced" system went backwards and that includes an extra service fee to pay for the "privilege" of this service.

unfortunately nowhere to complain on bad service standards - just shows this new visa agency prob did some side deal with some senior person to get some kickback
    I think you must just be unlucky, since I think the new service is brilliant, and most of my colleagues agree. I'm usually in and out right away.

as an update managed to apply for a 3yr multi entry visa with HKPR. had a track record of china visas (multiple entry and double entry)

so seems to be business as usual (apart from the queues)

Quote Originally Posted by maj183:
    I went to Travel Expert this morning to review my Chinese Visa. [...]
    This morning they told me the rules had changed in June 2018 for Non-Permanent Residents and I could only be granted a 6-month visa (new maximum validity for non-PR).
    As well I used to pay 1550 HKD for 1 year. This morning I had to pay 1600 HKD for 6 months...
    So much for "One Country". According to the PRC government we live in China but still need a visa to actually go there and now they cut it to 6 months as I learnt last year at CTS where you pay HK$ 2000 nevertheless. Just now I am waiting for my new visa to be processed and the information was the same from Sunshine Travel (40/F, China Resources Bldg.) as well. At least they only charge around HK$ 1350 (+some extra money for making photocopies). I also checked with Everbright and got the same information about the 6 month rule.
    So annoying. Why can't the Mainland visa just be part of the HK ID unless you are disqualified for some reason? Oh yes ... two systems ... *sigh*

guys, i got my China Visa last month, valid for 3 yrs, multiple-entry, 30 days stay per entry, category: "M", my company's HR worked it our for me, so i don't know the fee. try this one, i see from the newspaper. btw, i am HKPR, must be HKPR to get 3yr-visa.

Grossman & Co. Ltd.
    Grossman & Co; Ltd.
    Tel. 852 - 2801 7911
    whatsapp: 852 5335 2252

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7