Like Tree31Likes

Credit card debt and leaving HK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Either way, any input from you guys if you think there would be any trouble flying in and out of HK and how I should handle my situation in terms of rectifying ... is very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    For the record - Citi is horrifying to deal with when it comes to address changes for credit cards, even for current customers.

Tried to change an address online (old office) as I needed some vouchers... nah... need to fill in a form and submit to a branch.
    I'm a bit old school, I wrote a letter and posted it to mail us address. It was done in my next billing statement.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris2018:
    Either way, any input from you guys if you think there would be any trouble flying in and out of HK and how I should handle my situation in terms of rectifying ... is very much appreciated
    I pay all my credit card bills using PPS. I would call the bank and leave a contact (if I were to settle the outstanding) and ask them to reach out to me with a settlement deal. This would be mostly a good deal with some negotiations (I reckon 20-25% rebate on outstanding) for both yourself and the bank.

outstanding Credit card debt DOES NOT EFFECT YOU IN ANYWAYS OF FLYING IN AND OUT OF HK, HK immigration, customs, police debt couldnt give a flying monkey unless you owed the money to Inland Revenue Department (IRD), them sneaky feckers will allow you into HK but not be able to leave without paying them off
    bigcrown likes this.

Re Citibank guy...

It's not true that you need to go into a branch to pay a bill. I pay mine by PPS. I could even pay yours by PPS. Not that I want to... But so could any of your HK friends.

chuckster007 likes this.

Now Im looking to return to Hong Kong for a few days to visit my friends. My CITI cards (obviously) dont work anymore but the bank account itself it still active (But no more mention of the debt). So now Im wondering if I will encounter any troubles when entering and leaving the country.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Come to HK to visit your friends, take the money that you owe to CITI bank and pay the money off and ask them to close the account so you dont get charged annual fee. Easy peasy la

To transfer the funds from my CITI account onto the Credit Cards .. CITI sends an authorisation code you our mobile.
    That mobile was my HK number and I did not receive any texts when back in Europe. I figured: Then I need to change my number and all is well..

But CITI simply wont allow you to change your phone if you are not physically present at the branch office. And I tried for months to find a solution but to everything they simply said: You have to return to Hong Kong.

From Europe CITI HK just wouldnt help (Even when it was in their interest to get this paid asap)
    How about transfering money from a non-citi bank account or even a CITI UK account?

Complete the contact details form and use the citi online document upload portal to submit it.

You can receive OTP sms to a foreign mobile number

Get the citi HK app once done so you can generate OTP from there

Leaving HK with credit card debt

If your credit cad debt is around HK$8000 and you leave HK and terminate the account, will the bank (HSBC) take legal action?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4