Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By aw451

Training Visa - Convert to GEP

Closed Thread
    HongkongTheGreat

Post Training Visa - Convert to GEP

After the training visa , the employer really likes your performance and wants to hire you. Could they hire you? Like sending you back to your country and apply another documents to obtain a working visa?

They can hire you - but the GEP (employment visa) is a tougher act. They would have to document and prove that they've tried to hire local candidates and could not find someone with suitable qualifications.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Hi! I would like to ask the same question. But what about to change the employer? I mean, a new employer applies the visa for you. I'm a trainee right now and I would like to get a new job to obtain the GEP. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by masilmai:
    Hi! I would like to ask the same question. But what about to change the employer? I mean, a new employer applies the visa for you. I'm a trainee right now and I would like to get a new job to obtain the GEP. What do you think?
    What type of job is it?

I'm currently working in hospitality. But I have experience in other fields as well. I'm a lawyer and my native language is Spanish, does it count? Haha.

I'm currently working in hospitality. But I have experience in other fields as well. I'm a lawyer and my native language is Spanish, does it count? Haha.
    What matters is the new job and your experience matches + the employer can show that they have been diligent about hiring a local and could not find one with suitable qualifications - say they need a lawyer with native Spanish skills or qualifications.

Immd is reportedly scrutinizing or taking linger than usual for fringe cases - which are borderline.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Thanks a lot!!

Are you currently a registered foreign lawyer with your current employer? That could help a lot.
    shri likes this.