Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 2 Post By AJZ
  • 1 Post By Lovelydays
  • 1 Post By Lovelydays
  • 1 Post By AJZ

BNO Passports - Have they relaxed the rules?

Closed Thread

BNO Passports - Have they relaxed the rules?

I know a couple of people who recently got approved for HK Citizenship and managed to also get approved for BNO passports. Does anyone know if they are relaxing the rules of recently changed the requirements?

Thanks, J

Approved for BNO?? you mean they applied as NEW submission and NOT a renewal?? If its a new submission and they got it approved then that must be a new thing.

JaredHK likes this.

Your post is confusing. There is no such thing as HK citizenship. Do you mean Chinese citizenship or HK residency?

And the British government issues BNO passports (renewals only after 1997), not the HK government.

shri and JaredHK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Approved for BNO?? you mean they applied as NEW submission and NOT a renewal?? If its a new submission and they got it approved then that must be a new thing.
    Yes this is exactly what I was wondering. Both got their HK SAR Passports in the past 11 months and applied for their BNO shortly after. They claim that their applications were not for renewals.

I am not too familiar with the application process but was under the impression they were no longer issued unless it is a renewal. If the laws have changed..I would not mind applying for one myself.

Couldn't apply for a bno after 1997.. You could renew one..

JaredHK likes this.

On the BNO form the choice is: Replace, Renew, Change details, and Extension.

they are Chinese citizens, but the U.K. stopped giving passports to people who deliberately made themselves stateless to get a free UK passport.

JaredHK likes this.

Anyone could apply for a bno before 1997, after 1997, there is no any application accepted..

JaredHK likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Yeah most likely