Like Tree17Likes

Work in HK but live in Shenzhen, does multiple entry visa to China works?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    [QUOTE I have China Residence Permit ( Z visa). I have had them both for years no such restriction.
    Awesome, I will just have the company submit for Z visa. This seems like the path of least resistance. I appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    Awesome, I will just have the company submit for Z visa. This seems like the path of least resistance. I appreciate the feedback.

Well, it's a rather big responsibility ;

you must have a residence address in city of work adn register your residence with local police station ,

get a work permit from local labour bureau with sponsorship of your China employer ( proven with a an employment agreement),

get a clean bill of health - then you apply for residence visa.

You also become a tax resident in China and need to receive salary there and pay ( now) taxes on your global income.

Easier to change your passports / get an Apec card maybe if you are from an apec member country so you can skip lines.

This tax thing, afaik HK Chinese are exempt for the first five years.
    So it's just local China side income that gets taxet

Well, it's a rather big responsibility ;

you must have a residence address in city of work adn register your residence with local police station ,

get a work permit from local labour bureau with sponsorship of your China employer ( proven with a an employment agreement),

get a clean bill of health - then you apply for residence visa.

You also become a tax resident in China and need to receive salary there and pay ( now) taxes on your global income.

Easier to change your passports / get an Apec card maybe if you are from an apec member country so you can skip lines.
    So if you are not a perm resident in HK, and also have work visa in china, how do you achieve that? Have your salary divided between the two countries? Or do you have a spouse that is employed in HK and is able to provide you with dependant visa and then have all of your income reported through mainland?

Not trying to pry but trying to understand.

My APEC card is pending along with my GlobalEntry, but everything is backed up with US CBP because of the shutdown earlier in the year. Also, USA is provisional member of APEC so I think that its not as powerful for us Americans, ie you still need local visa and still get stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    This tax thing, afaik HK Chinese are exempt for the first five years.
    So it's just local China side income that gets taxet
    All foreigners are exempt from global taxation for the first 5 years. Edit: It's 6 years now with the 2019 update to the tax code.

Having a Chinese residence permit is not some kind of big hassle like fei88 said. Just have your company sponsor you if they can. You can register your residency at a friend's place or a colleague's, nobody cares. APEC card allows you to use the special lane at the land borders, together with all the expecting mothers, toddlers and old grandmas. You still need a visa, fill in the yellow paper and get stamps in your passport.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 12-04-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    it_guy and Morrison like this.

So if you are not a perm resident in HK, and also have work visa in china, how do you achieve that? Have your salary divided between the two countries? Or do you have a spouse that is employed in HK and is able to provide you with dependant visa and then have all of your income reported through mainland?

Not trying to pry but trying to understand.

My APEC card is pending along with my GlobalEntry, but everything is backed up with US CBP because of the shutdown earlier in the year. Also, USA is provisional member of APEC so I think that its not as powerful for us Americans, ie you still need local visa and still get stamped.
    My employer here in HK sponsored for an employment visa & subsidiary company in China has been doing the same.

I thought you were in similar situation. Your employer is in Hong Kong sponsoring you for a HK Visa ; and they have a company in China as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    All foreigners are exempt from global taxation for the first 5 years. Edit: It's 6 years now with the 2019 update to the tax code.

OMG, changed again?? China abolished 5 year rule and announced everyone staying 183 days a year is subject to global taxation from 2019... Now they made it 6 years ?

made my day
    Last edited by Fei88; 13-04-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Emoji

My employer here in HK sponsored for an employment visa & subsidiary company in China has been doing the same.

I thought you were in similar situation. Your employer is in Hong Kong sponsoring you for a HK Visa ; and they have a company in China as well?
    Yes, that is correct. I am just curious if my "job" needs to be in HK, China or split between the two, ie get paid half of my salary in HKD and half in RMB.

Yes, that is correct. I am just curious if my "job" needs to be in HK, China or split between the two, ie get paid half of my salary in HKD and half in RMB.
    You better figure that out first. Nothing wrong with commuting frequently. I take the high speed train it's 14 minutes to Futian / 19 minutes to Shenzhen north.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8