Like Tree3Likes

I'd like to be resident and create my company Hong kong

Closed Thread

Question I'd like to be resident and create my company Hong kong

Hey, i'd like to live, create my company in Hong kong and pay my taxes in HK, i plan to move this year to be permanent resident and continue my business.

I have two questions actually:
    1. I'm 22 years old french guy and im fluent in English, is there any moving agency or companies that can help me to move without stress, to get the status, appartment, company status, bank etc?
    2. How many days per year i should stay in HK in order to keep my status and stay resident in HK? (per ex in USA it's 1 day per year minimum)
    I'd like to be able to remote control my business and traveling 6-7 months per year outside the HK without losing my resident status.

ps: i work on internet, i have income already, no wife and no childrens, i move alone and i'd like to work, improve my business and create jobs in HK.

Many thanks

Do you have a visa already? If not see link below. May not be as easy as you envision but all depends on investment capital, specific area of internet business etc.
    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...nvestment.html

You can't just be a permanent resident, that takes 7 years of living here lawfully.

You would need to apply for a visa. That will be stressful and likely you need a university degree and some relevant working experience.

Dealing with the bank here is always stressful for a foreigner due to KYC requirements.

Getting a company is easy and fast, but you'll need an annual audit which is not cheap.

Once you have a visa you can travel in and out of HK freely. Immigration does not look at number of days per year in HK. They look at extended absences of greater than 6 months. As long as you frequent back to HK you'll be ok. Anything longer you'll have to explain and discretion is left to immigration to decide whether your home has been HK.

Permanent residents of HK is a very different thing compared with those of other countries and territories.

Last edited by lighthse003; 18-06-2018 at 04:07 PM.