Like Tree9Likes

Tons of questions, dependent visa/visa runs,..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Your visa runs are fine - you are basically a tourist doing trips all over Asia, not living in HK and not working. You've done nothing wrong. You WILL be doing something wrong if you keep doing it and living in HK etc etc...

To get a dependent visa, your husband (when he is your husband, and not before) need to be able to show he can support you. That's going to mean a salary of perhaps 12k a month at least, or some savings. With no savings, a higher salary would be a good idea. His parents can write a letter saying that you are staying with them rent-free - that helps - they cannot "sponsor" you as such. Only your husband can sponsor you.

You do not mention your age or skills or current job. The economic concerns mentioned above (which are very real) are mitigated if you can get a decent job once you have a dependent visa. If, however, you are basically a barmaid or something similar, that's unlikely to be the case.....
    well that makes me feel a little relived thanks.I will definitely try to get a real visa, I'll apply for the working holiday visa next week which then would solve most of our problems cause we don't need to rush our wedding so much..
    I'm 22, German, I don't have any job right now because well tourist visa^^ just used to only work on part time jobs (like in supermarkets or so)in my home country before so I definitely can't apply for a working visa here in hk.

My bf gets a salary of 19.000(just asked and he got a salary rise this month), its not that high compared to what I've read on this forum before, but I think it should be enough to support me.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    For your upcoming trip before your visa runs out, try to get a cheap flight to somewhere like Clark (Philippines) where if you buy early can cost around 1000 HKD, stay there for a few days and come back because doing the one day macau trip too many times will bring suspicion on yourself.

1. Your so called visa runs are fine as what everyone else had said, if immigration ever asks you tell them that you were a tourist visiting all the nearby countries with your BF at that time.

2. Never mention any loans unless they ask for a trans union report (credit report in HK).

3. Local lad with German wife should not be a biggie, when submitting dependant visa application, provide all photos and whatever evidence of your relationship, give as much as possible to show your relationship is not a recent thing as you said its 5 years long but best to have evidence.

4. Letter from his parents to show they will support you both is a good thing

Thanks! I was so worried cause I didn't even know visa runs are a bad thing(I actually just considered the latest Macau trip as a visa run tho)I'll try applying for the working holiday visa but if they reject it, ill go to Japan for one or two weeks because I saved enough Asia miles to get a really cheap ticket.
    About 3. we do have tons of photos and videos so I don't think it should be a problem to proof that our relationship is real, I just read they want wedding pictures as well. Do you know they mean these pre wedding pictures people like to take here, or pictures of the actual wedding? Cause we basically just plan to sign the papers and not have a big wedding right now. Are these wedding pictures really necessary ?

Just be prepare a plan B if you don't get the WHV.

"he/she is able to produce financial proof of having an amount (Note 4, Annex) sufficient for his/her maintenance during his/her proposed stay in the HKSAR, e.g. bank statement, saving accounts passbooks, etc.;

he/she holds a return air ticket or financial proof of having sufficient funds to purchase a return air ticket; and
    he/she agrees to hold medical, healthcare (including hospitalisation), repatriation and liability insurance to remain in force throughout his/her stay in the HKSAR (Note 5, Annex)."

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ:
    Just be prepare a plan B if you don't get the WHV.

"he/she is able to produce financial proof of having an amount (Note 4, Annex) sufficient for his/her maintenance during his/her proposed stay in the HKSAR, e.g. bank statement, saving accounts passbooks, etc.;

he/she holds a return air ticket or financial proof of having sufficient funds to purchase a return air ticket; and
    he/she agrees to hold medical, healthcare (including hospitalisation), repatriation and liability insurance to remain in force throughout his/her stay in the HKSAR (Note 5, Annex)."
    i have a savings account in Germany with about 45.000 hkd so I think I’ve enough money. I’m more worried about the quota and that too many german people are already in hk on this visa >.< so yeah I’m still thinking about plan B..

Best of luck to you then. Hope you've done your homework and budgeted out your daily expense. I found this article to illustrate what your monthly expense may look like. Keep in mind this is from 2015 and based around expense of one person.

Hong Kong challenge: Can you live on HK$12,000 a month?

You need to add your visa run expense as well.

Personally Plan B should be to build up a steady income first before getting married. make sure you don't get loan for your wedding party, don't even think about starting a family until you have steady income.

Wedding photos are just that, photos of the wedding. Happy shots in the town hall snapped on a phone are fine. Just real photos. I'm sure you will take some to remind you of the day, no need to be formal or anything. In fact the more normal the better.

Thanks for replying guys.
    We've just decided that I'll travel with my mom in October as she will visit us here anyway. I'll stay abroad for a few weeks and then hopefully get a new 3 month tourist visa/get the wh visa. That will buy as enough time to clean the loan and have a unsuspicious looking bank statement which is the most important I guess. We will also be able to save some money until we apply for the dependent visa.

chuckster007 likes this.