Like Tree13Likes

DH Contract Renewal - Do it yourself?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I can’t see DHs going for home leave next year either without it being a long and painful process. I guess we’ll all have to cross that bridge when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    I can’t see DHs going for home leave next year either without it being a long and painful process. I guess we’ll all have to cross that bridge when the time comes.
    Exactly! Actually I just remembered we deferred my helper's leave last contract as well. But she actually went to Macau for a couple of nights with friends and her visa was extended upon re-entry. She then went home closer to xmas to be with family.

She has no desire to go home anytime soon. She's too afraid. Will figure it out next summer.

New update from Philippine Consulate

Name:  IMG-20201011-WA0005.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  104.9 KB

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    You have to put a date not more than 12 months. My helper's visa expired on Sept 14th, 2020, I put August 14, 2021.
    So, here I am again applying for a visa extension for our Helper. She received 2 one year visas last year when we renewed her contract. Hasn't been able to go home and hence can't activate the second visa. Has anyone done this recently? How long was the extension? Or does she just go in and they activate the 2nd visa?

Using the online extension of stay
    https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immi...onstay/fdh.htm

Just a quick update I applied for my Helper's extension of stay on Aug 17 and it was approved yesterday (14 working days). Was getting a bit worried as her visa expires next week. The email I received included the demand note with electronic payment instructions. The visa sticker will be mailed to us within 10 working days.

Would recommend applying as early as possible, think its 2 months before expiry.

emx and chuckster007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4