Like Tree24Likes

Short Sleeved Shirts

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    School boy.
    My school boy refuses to wear short sleeved shirts

I know someone who wears a Polo to work on Friday's - and this is a corporate bank. Long sleeves on other days though; no tie. But that's not a hard rule.

Really depends on corporate culture & industry. I'd agree with other posters RE Hong Kong's expectations, though i'm a bit rebellious in this regard. To me, looking good / smart is how you pull it off; it's not a checklist. I've seen scruff pots in ill-fitting suits looking more misplaced than a clean folk in smart short sleeved shirt & even shorts.

In any case, don't get me started on the pretentiousness of corporate culture. I'm thankful we don't run a fashion show within our office and only need to dress up for events or to meet clients. Even then.... i'd probably refuse any job which requires a suit regularly!

shri and Kowloon Goon like this.

I prefer the rolled up sleeves look. It projects an aura of "get shit done" when paired with a tie and look of grim determination or plucky 'eager beaver' personality IMO

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I know someone who wears a Polo to work on Friday's - and this is a corporate bank. Long sleeves on other days though; no tie. But that's not a hard rule.Really depends on corporate culture & industry. I'd agree with other posters RE Hong Kong's expectations, though i'm a bit rebellious in this regard. To me, looking good / smart is how you pull it off; it's not a checklist. I've seen scruff pots in ill-fitting suits looking more misplaced than a clean folk in smart short sleeved shirt & even shorts.In any case, don't get me started on the pretentiousness of corporate culture. I'm thankful we don't run a fashion show within our office and only need to dress up for events or to meet clients. Even then.... i'd probably refuse any job which requires a suit regularly!
    Massive difference between a Friday casual polo shirt and a short sleeve shirt......I never understood why people need to say they hate suits (I know it looks rebellious to say that so many people think it is cool - not saying you are doing that, no worries). Suits (good ones) with a good shirt are more comfortable than most jeans etc.

Try Marks & Spencer

Choice is yours.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

If you haven't seen "The IT Crowd", its a great British comedy still on Netflix now.

Name:  the-IT-crowd.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  109.7 KB

Short Sleeve Shirts are decidedly Blue Collar

People who belong to a UNION such as bus drivers, teachers, police, pilots, sewage inspectors etc