Like Tree4Likes

Hotel NaN Lian Gardens and Chi Lin Nunnery

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi you mentioned you know the area well. One of
    our readers suggested the Hollywood Plaza. Do you know if any restaurants there that might have a private space which they may use for private drinks or other celebrations? I know sone restaurants do have a secluded area. Would you know if any within Hollywood Plaza?

Large dim sum restaurants in HK have another function at nights, banquets with large numbers of guests. Most also have rooms seperated from the large main area at lunch time. They serve dishes, fried rice and noodles and dim sum at lunch . Call these restaurants talking in Chinese leaving your last name and contact number if want to book these rooms. Most such restaurants don't speak english regularly and they may not have english menus. However most of these restaurants are not vegetarians. If you want to pre order your dishes before you arrive, you may have to pay before the day. The area is mostly local chinese with few foreign people eating in the area.

It is not really close to Southern San Po Kong, Kai Tak and Kowloon City. There is the Hollywood Mall and also a few public housing estates nearby. San Po Kong is an industrial area with workers going to chinese restaurants during lunch time. Diamond Hill is a residential area.

Can book a set meal consisted of communal dishes for groups in rooms at Chinese restaurants. Alcohol, mahjong and non vegetarian dishes are optional choices in these restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Guy:
    I know the area pretty well and don't think there are any hotels near Nan Lian Gardens. There is the large Hollywood Plaza shopping centre opposite Nan Lian Gardens with many restaurants inside. I don't know how much they would charge to book a private room. The alternative would be to book a hotel a bit further down the MTR line. Mongkok maybe. The Diamond Hill MTR station is very close to Nan Lian Gardens.
    Last edited by lighthse003; 20-10-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    Bpeets likes this.

Yes I already checked that one.

Thank you for your comprehensive response. Much appreciated.