Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By er2
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 2 Post By imparanoic
  • 2 Post By Kiz
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau

Any suggestion to get furniture in Mui wo?

Closed Thread

Any suggestion to get furniture in Mui wo?

I am going to move to Mui Wo next month but my apartment is unfurnished. Do you have a suggestion where can I get a cheap furniture from MuiWo or anywhere in HK island that provide inexpensive delivery service?

I also consider take secondhand giveaway furniture but seem like delivery cost is quite expensive. I already asked some delivery guys and they quote me 1400 for moving mattress and bed frame from central to Mui wo.

Really appreciated you answer. Thanks!

Where will you live - in a village or at the pier? If the latter, have your furniture delivered to the pier, move it yourself onto the slow ferry and off on the other side. Any delivery service is going to be super expensive as there are only very few vans licensed to drive in South Lantau.

Nnicnic likes this.

Thanks for the answer.
    My apartment is around the pier. Is it possible to carry mattress on the ferry?

Freight charge is here:
    Freight

I have been on the Inter Islands ferry to Mui Wo and, well, pretty much anything goes. Peng Chau ferry (different company) same thing- ordinary ferries people move the whole flat. Refrigerators, air cons, mattresses, whatever.

Then there is Ikea which delivers to outlying islands. If you order a lot at once it's worth the charge, otherwise expensive.

Mui Wo has a small furniture store right in the pier area, prices seem reasonable-ish for the location and HK in general...

Nnicnic likes this.

Check if there's a local Facebook group there to buy things second hand directly there.

HK_Katherine and Nnicnic like this.

Check the supermarket noticeboard.

Nnicnic likes this.

Thank you guys, really appreciated.

Ikea appears to delivery to mui wo

https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_HK/custom.../delivery.html

Nnicnic and MandM! like this.

Join the mui wo to tai o families facebook group and there is also a buy swap and sell group of a similar name.

There are a lot of suggestions on there of man with a van etc with lantau permits

Nnicnic and Elegiaque like this.

Ah, found the store in a Yelp Review: May Art Decoration- not sure if that's still the name but looks very much like the pics in this review:

https://en.yelp.com.hk/biz/may-art-f...tion-hong-kong

Nnicnic likes this.