Like Tree33Likes

Financial Planners / Advisors in HK ?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am all for this. It can be a set of pre-packaged base solutions with lifestyle/lifestrategy tweaks.

A lot of law firms offer pre packaged retainers for small businesses and this could be a good model.

If I were to do it, I'd probably do a 1 day group starter session to get everyone on a base knowledge level and then individualised consults.
    actually that makes sense.. you do a simple template approach, then u do the customized approach..

but my guess is in this part of the world nobody is keen to pay for advise this way... its the same story based on how the insurance agents sells policy --> e.g. you don't want to have a term policy where you dont get back any returns after paying for 20 years... failing to mention the price difference between one with returns and one without, and if you have saved that difference you would have gained more over the 20 years.

Someone on this forum suggested Mark Zoril. He offers $96/yr membership for financial advisory.

Looks interesting as he is working with many expats. Won't be selling any funds directly so no commissions involved. Low cost ETF's I assume.

Anyone tried Mark's service?

https://planvisionmn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    Someone on this forum suggested Mark Zoril. He offers $96/yr membership for financial advisory.

Looks interesting as he is working with many expats. Won't be selling any funds directly so no commissions involved. Low cost ETF's I assume.

Anyone tried Mark's service?

https://planvisionmn.com/
    I have, probably best to PM me.

Found anyone

Hey there.

I saw this post and exactly what I am looking for also. Ideally, fee based only and not percentage of AUM based. Found any good planner?

Avoid iFS at all costs. Took most of the funds I invested through them.

Quote Originally Posted by RCB:
    Avoid iFS at all costs. Took most of the funds I invested through them.
    Can you elaborate?

Fast approaching 30, I find a lot of people in their 20s and early 30s asking this type of question (here) and think of myself how careless I'm about my retiring days. Well, um, i'm into passive-aggressive investing, but I haven't yet thought about hiring or looking for a financial planner -- one that will be able to look unto the distant future. I just intend to take it slowly on my own. And then, seeing a multitude of retirement plans laid down here , I begin to get nervous. The nerve of planning for retiring!!

This thread is quite interesting, as it seems the OP was essentially looking for a established & reputable fee-only financial planner and all the subsequent discussion yielded not even one suggestion for someone like this in HK.

Like the OP, I'd be interested in something like this. I guess the financial planner could be based anywhere, so long as they understand the circumstances of an expat here.

think its difficult to find such in asia.. the idea of 'paying for some services' is just not common this part of the world. in singapore there used to be this guy that does it but i suspect he wasn't that well compensated...

Quote Originally Posted by hksomewhere:
    This thread is quite interesting, as it seems the OP was essentially looking for a established & reputable fee-only financial planner and all the subsequent discussion yielded not even one suggestion for someone like this in HK.

Like the OP, I'd be interested in something like this. I guess the financial planner could be based anywhere, so long as they understand the circumstances of an expat here.
    I know a few fee only options in HK as well as one that is based in Singapore but services HK clients. There is also an option based in the US that services HK as well. Hit me a PM. I've kept a list somewhere.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6