Like Tree12Likes

Custom-built raised platform for storage: contractor/carpenter?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    Assuming you don't speak Chinese, otherwise I'd suggest taobao which is where we got ours done - they just come over from Shenzhen and nothing is done by HKers. Well, they used to before COVID...
    Did you have to measure it yourself and provide them the design? Or did they come down from Shenzhen to measure up ect before sending the dimensions and design to their factory?

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Did you have to measure it yourself and provide them the design? Or did they come down from Shenzhen to measure up ect before sending the dimensions and design to their factory?
    They sent a guy down to come measure and take a few photos, showed us a book of types of finishes to choose from and that was it. They came back about 2 weeks later with everything cut to size and screwed it all together in place. It's great stuff, it's what I'd do for the whole house if I had known about it before. It's far thicker and stronger than ikea furniture but no way you'd be able to move it so it's staying here forever.

We paid the measurement guy $500 cash as a deposit which we'd have lost if we cancelled the order but it's absorbed into the final price, so ultimately it was 'free'.

I'd say most of these guys don't speak English but there must be someone on Alibaba who'd offer a similar thing w/ English speaking assistance.
    Elegiaque likes this.

They sent a guy down to come measure and take a few photos, showed us a book of types of finishes to choose from and that was it. They came back about 2 weeks later with everything cut to size and screwed it all together in place. It's great stuff, it's what I'd do for the whole house if I had known about it before. It's far thicker and stronger than ikea furniture but no way you'd be able to move it so it's staying here forever.

We paid the measurement guy $500 cash as a deposit which we'd have lost if we cancelled the order but it's absorbed into the final price, so ultimately it was 'free'.

I'd say most of these guys don't speak English but there must be someone on Alibaba who'd offer a similar thing w/ English speaking assistance.
    Wow... Remember which one you used? I get Hong Kong quotes of 10-20k. We just ordered carpet for less to see if that alone can do the trick.

Mind sharing any photos?

We availed Takad in North Point for a bed frame, delivered to LOHAS Park. Sales guy spoke good English, was accommodating, gave us a sketch based on our description.

Bed frame + queen size mattress = HKD7,572 (I think the mattress was around 3k-4k). Paid downpayment of HKD 3k. Delivered after 3-4 weeks after. No assembly required. No extra labor fee.

Bed frame is divided into 2 crosswise, simple sliding door in the front (seen in the pic), and a pull-out detached "door" from the top right side (covered under the mattress). 100x191x51cm. (Window bay was 72cm, so enough for a queen size).

YMMV. This was April 2019.

https://www.takad.com.hk/f03a.html?c=0301a

pokthk likes this.

Sounds like a good round service. You have the name of the shop? Finding someone reliable on Tao Bao is difficult.