Like Tree17Likes

A question to those who have already received their $4,000 handout

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think the basic rule is - if you're received any sort of extra concession, in the form of rates, salaries tax, additional old age allowance, that concession is deducted from the $4000.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @si0001 - the conditions for this are needlessly complex. You "might" still be eligible.

Go through the FAQ.

https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/careandshare/en/faq.htm
    Thanks Shri but I have gone through that already. Just wasn't sure what tax concession meant specifically. If it is the 75% reduction (capped) then I am definitely not eligible.

Just print out the forms and pop them in the post, at the very worst you have wasted a few dollars on paper and postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyper:
    How many weeks did you have to wait to receive it after you submitted your application? Did they send you an SMS for confirmation?
    I submitted my application by drop-in box on 11 Feb 2019. So far, I have received an SMS confirmation of receipt of application on 20 Mar 2019, but have not received the money in my bank account yet.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecois09:
    I submitted my application by drop-in box on 11 Feb 2019. So far, I have received an SMS confirmation of receipt of application on 20 Mar 2019, but have not received the money in my bank account yet.
    Likewise. Maybe all the 000 shapes on the end mean we will get the 4K as a little Easter "egg"?

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    You'd be surprised, Jimbo.

Probably not statistically significant in the larger scheme of things, but there are at least several hundred, if not >1000 "expats" with PR who either work full-time as volunteers or on basic stipends for various NGOs, who have married locally (yea and verily I even know a number of them living in public housing) or chosen to retire here.

And to return to the OP, I dropped my application off at Tuen Mun government offices the day before Chinese New Year - still didn't receive any acknowledgment be SMS.
    Btw, did you get any Government/official stamps on the forms? I simply filled up the paperwork and dropped them off at the Immigration Dept's drop-in box.

Just an update: having put in my application just before Chinese New Year, the $4K just turned up in my bank account yesterday. WFAO sent me an sms to say the money had been deposited.

shri and chuckster007 like this.

Crap, missed out on 4K handout, didnt read the fine print DOH