Like Tree2Likes

Buying a Suit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'd like an all-purpose suit. I do, occasionally, have to wear one to work. But, I'd also like one suitable for interviews and events.

I've tried G2000, and I've found the suits fit me very poorly. Very much Asian sizing.

As for pricing, I was talking to a guy yesterday in TST who said I could get a fully tailored suit with a tailored shirt for 1799.
    I realise that it probably won't be the best quality though and that's why I am here asking for suggestions.
    As I said in my post too. I'm happy to buy an off-the-peg suit which can be adjusted slightly to fit.

I'll send PMs to those who made suggestions.

Have a look at H&M. Suits are in the $1K range

https://www2.hm.com/en_asia1/men/sho...and-suits.html

Once you know your size you can always buy online from places like Next Direct.

Try Zara as well- they are always having pretty good sales and some of their stuff is OK:

https://www.zara.com/hk/en/search?se...m=mens%20suits

uniqulo and muji... the japanese brands do produce decent quality stuffs.. including jackets..

I need a bit of advise...

I purchased some custom shirts at a tailor in TST. So the fit was great but I put it in for a wash at gentle settings, and no level or ironing can remove the wrinkles.

Do Tailor's here generally "fix" the issue? I would prefer a refund and return instead of another shirt since I deduced the quality is not great (Shirt was $5xx and was told it is one of their highest quality)

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    I need a bit of advise...

I purchased some custom shirts at a tailor in TST. So the fit was great but I put it in for a wash at gentle settings, and no level or ironing can remove the wrinkles.

Do Tailor's here generally "fix" the issue? I would prefer a refund and return instead of another shirt since I deduced the quality is not great (Shirt was $5xx and was told it is one of their highest quality)
    You're more likely to grown wings than get a refund. You might get a replacement if you make enough noise. Have you taken the shirt to the dry cleaners and asked them to launder and press it?

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You're more likely to grown wings than get a refund. You might get a replacement if you make enough noise. Have you taken the shirt to the dry cleaners and asked them to launder and press it?
    Not yet. But, i repeatedly asked the tailor if I have to dry clean it. Was told washing machine is fine. I will try making some noise when they have customers in their shop.

An old home trick to help with wrinkles is to hang the shirt in the bathroom while you take a hot shower . . . supposedly the steam helps to "loosen" the wrinkles.