Like Tree2Likes

Caring and Sharing Scheme for BBC student in UK

Closed Thread

Caring and Sharing Scheme for BBC student in UK

Hi guys, Im looking to come back to HK and work after I have finished my university degree I wanted to know if anyone who has had a successful application or could give some advice to me if i could apply for the Scheme?

Birth & HKID Status
    I was born in UK 1995 and was raised in the UK pretty much for most of my life, up to 2019 I have always been coming back every 3 years and have stayed for a month to maintain the HKID residency process. In 2014/15 I finally my HKID upgraded from 1 star to 3 stars with 'AO' status.

Work
    I have never worked in the UK neither have I had any property in UK or Hong Kong, however, I have worked in Hong Kong as an temporary intern at an Architectural Studio way back in 2017 for 4/5 Months whilst living in my Aunts Flat and the company has recognised me as a normal internship rather than a working holiday internship (because my right to abode I think)

Current
    I have been studying and living in the UK for pretty much most of my life and currently I am in my final years of masters for my course at a london university.

(My Father) - My father is definiately not eligable to the scheme, but I am just sharing some information that might help me to become eligable
    My Father is a descendant of the original Hong Kong village people, so he still owns a part of a property in a village. However my father emigrated to UK way back in the 90's for work but still has retained his HKID and HK passport alongside with his British Passport. Both me and Father has UK passport, HKID, HK passport and as well the The Chinese identity card.

The thing I am worried about is what does it mean to ordinarily reside in Hong Kong, I dont really ordinarily reside in HK but in the FAQ it states "Ordinarly resides in Hong Kong is not defined in terms of duration of residence"

Furthermore, those who ordinarily reside in Hong Kong and are temporarily away from HK also include , e.g. duty trips, overseas study, Medical treatment and exclude those who have emigrated abroad. - Do I count as a emigrated person? I not sure if I count myself as being settled in the UK though?

Hopefully this is enough information, Im looking to come back to HK and work after graduation!

I'm a little confused -- you want to claim a $4,000HKD cash handout as you have never lived in Hong Kong or contributed to the tax system?

But you're indigenous villager, so why not sell off your ding right and make even more money?

Original Post Deleted
    We don't qualify because we're not yet permanent residents, but we've been paying taxes for nearly seven years here...

Oh well, if he/she does indeed have a right to it, then it's a problem with the system, not the individual. I guess if the OP is female, then they can't cash in on the indigenous village house... That's worth far, far more than $4K -- around $1 million I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    We don't qualify because we're not yet permanent residents, but we've been paying taxes for nearly seven years here...

Oh well, if he/she does indeed have a right to it, then it's a problem with the system, not the individual. I guess if the OP is female, then they can't cash in on the indigenous village house... That's worth far, far more than $4K -- around $1 million I think.
    Same with the 6K handout a few years ago. I'd paid tax for several years and was not eligible. But some people I knew flew back specially to get theirs so it pretty much paid for their ticket out here.

This is not the best place to ask for clarifications.

Macao gives cash handout to Macao residents not living there, including people living elsewhere for more than three decades.