Like Tree34Likes

Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge seeks world-class tourist attraction to alleviate Chinese tourist congestion

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    https://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/en...2/table81e.xls

As of June a vehicle every 2 minutes per lane. So that's 1km of empty road behind and in front of you in your lane.

I think total vehicle numbers crossing borders went up 1% from a year before. All that bridge and an 1% increase in vehicles coming to HK.
    Please let it stay that way, I like my empty road to Macau. Would suck getting stuck behind all the tour buses.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

They could think about moving Formula E there

R.O., Stu79 and GeoTommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Please let it stay that way, I like my empty road to Macau. Would suck getting stuck behind all the tour buses.
    Tour buses are down 40% from the peak opening period (passenger numbers down around 15% I saw somewhere). This is all before the protest issues.

The 1% increase in overall China / SAR vehicular traffic is the most telling. The rate increase is lower than previous years so in effect the bridge has added none to negligible increased traffic to Hong Kong
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-09-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Tour buses are down 40% from the peak opening period (passenger numbers down around 15% I saw somewhere). This is all before the protest issues.

The 1% increase in overall China / SAR vehicular traffic is the most telling. The rate increase is lower than previous years so in effect the bridge has added none to negligible increased traffic to Hong Kong
    Good. The only thing worse than having the bridge would be to have actual traffic coming across it!
    TheBrit and East_coast like this.

Should have spent that money on the SZ bridge instead. Beijing was naive, I am sure they learned that HK is not worth the investment now.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofangel:
    Should have spent that money on the SZ bridge instead. Beijing was naive, I am sure they learned that HK is not worth the investment now.
    Beijing never cared about the worth of any investment. It's all just a bunch of political nonsense, like the High Speed Train Terminal or the Greater Bay Area. Everything to make HK and Macau linked up more with the mainland.

Original Post Deleted
    You are contradicting yourself. Return on investment is not limited to just $s. They are obviously looking for a return, even if it is political.
    Last edited by aceofangel; 14-09-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Good. The only thing worse than having the bridge would be to have actual traffic coming across it!
    Economically it would probably make sense to close it.