Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TallT
  • 2 Post By Trebor
  • 2 Post By Jaz Paul

Profits tax accountant

Closed Thread

Profits tax accountant

I have had a private limited company with literally no income/operation for just over a year and recently have been working out how I could wind it up with minimal costs. This is my first audit.

After receiving my deregistration request, IRD has asked me to submit the following:

Balance sheet, auditor's report, p&l account and Proposed tax computations

The best quote I've got is around 7k which to me is still high since nothing much needs to be audited/investigated and it's a straight forward case. Keeping it dormant isn't a preferred option since I don't want to pay yearly business registration fee.

Any suggestions for a cheaper accountant would be appreciated

Cheers
    J

Train for many years, become a qualified CPA and do it yourself for free, otherwise pay someone who actually knows what they are doing for the price they deserve......

shri likes this.

If a small op just do it yourself. Takes a day

Quote Originally Posted by peblo:
    If a small op just do it yourself. Takes a day
    Still needs a auditor regardless of who does the accounts.

You wont find it any cheaper than that i am afraid. I could possibly have referred you to some who would do it for 5K a few years back but......inflation.

emx and Jaz Paul like this.

Cool

my account firm charge 5k last year for inactive LLC in Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by TallT:
    Train for many years, become a qualified CPA and do it yourself for free, otherwise pay someone who actually knows what they are doing for the price they deserve......
    not the sharpest tool in the shed, are we?

If someone wants a reasonably priced plumber doctor dentist lawyer, they should study for it themselves? Having a degree in commerce I had maintained all the accounts personally so all was needed was a signature from a certified cpa. Your logic defines your personality and the way you handle things in real life. One of the purposes of such forums is knowledge sharing and what I asked would seem reasonable to a reasonable mind, which of course you unfortunately lack.

I said 'cheaper' implying reasonably priced , even anyone who does it on moonlighting basis from a hole in the wall given my company's circumstances. Anyways, thanks to those who responded constructively and even pm'ed with useful details.

Finally, I found one for 4k!
    Last edited by Jaz Paul; 08-06-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    Trebor and jimbo_jones like this.