Google mistakenly sent out "new device signed into" over night?

Closed Thread

Google mistakenly sent out "new device signed into" over night?

https://mashable.com/article/gmail-n...e-sign-in-bug/

anyone else got this? it seems it's by mistake, but I got one while I was sleeping. lolIP address is my own IP, but was still...

Is this to a googletemp type account? (Your personal temporary account which is linked to a GSuite account)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Is this to a googletemp type account? (Your personal temporary account which is linked to a GSuite account)
    No, just Gmail account per the email. But then again it's the same as your Google account. So far I have only seen this 1 article about it.

This is as good a time as any to remind people to visit this link and poke around - at least run the security check up.

https://myaccount.google.com/

I have some idiot in America with the same name as me who thinks he owns my gmail account. It's annoying he keeps putting my email address on everything he does online. I get notices about his pizza delivery, car servicing, university alumni, etc. I have 2 factor authentication and there is no way he has access to my account or can read any of my emails, but doesn't stop him entering it everywhere. I unsubscribe to everything I possibly can but still get random shit all the time. I deleted his spotify account last month after he created one with my email address . I even found out his phone number, bank account details, etc and I texted him one day to stop using my gmail. He apologised, but still keeps doing it. I gave up and just ignore it and treat all his messages as spam now. I got a quotation from some flooring company to tile the top floor of his house the other day