Like Tree796Likes

The solution to Hong Kong's protests?

Closed Thread
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 69 74 75 76 77

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yep.. You are in good company. One rung above fuckers and two above arsehole.
    Sorry but I don’t view that abuse as called for in any way shape or form, especially for someone in your position.
    hongkong7 and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Sorry but I don’t view that abuse as called for in any way shape or form, especially for someone in your position.
    Clown...

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    I think I got an idea.

1. Carrie Lam can tender her resignation without Beijing's prior approval citing "serious illness or other reasons" in accordance with Article 52(1) of the Basic Law.

2. Before tendering her resignation, her immediate family members need to leave Hong Kong and China. They need to arrange residency in UK, Canada or Australia.

3. From Beijing's perspective, they did not technically approve such a resignation. They did not cave in to the "rioters".

4. From Carrie Lam's perspective, she cannot possibly live in Hong Kong in any event, whether she step downs now or one year from now. As long as there is practically no chance of Beijing extraditing her back to Hong Kong, I think this should be acceptable to her and her family.
    Just to add one more point:

5. If she does this, she at least will be remembered as saving Hong Kong from a possible PLA intervention, and as proving to the world that one country two system is not completely broken and that Hong Kong people ruling Hong Kong is still alive. She is the one who will bring balance to the force as foreseen by Deng Xiaoping.

Last edited by nivek2046; 16-11-2019 at 11:28 AM.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/11/1...ongs-struggle/

Jasper Tsang’s behind the scenes role exposed

Interview with a dangerous man, a very intelligent soft authoritarian whose machinations are much better disguised than the current blundering HK government’s.
    Gatts likes this.

Let's start a new thread once we hear more about the dialog session being started at the convention center.

I suspect more legit ideas will be emerging this weekend and they deserve to be highlight more effectively than at the bottom of a 50 page converation.

what are the reasons for shop vandalism and huge inconveniences brought about by rioters

I am sure vast majority of locals have had their lives disrupted, from not being able to go to work, primary and secondary schools suspending classes for multiple days now, multiple surgeries at hospitals like Baptist hospital not being able to carry out critical surgeries, shops being ransacked, closed and vandalised, threatened with violence by rioters. Mainland school pupils and university students fearing attack and leaving their education for china. some permanently. many of the children, students and shops supposedly have some link to china. if this is the reason why cowardly cause them fear of being attacked and locals with xpats being caught in the cross fire and inconvenienced?

if they are so anti china, they should dispose off their eye wear, face masks, clothes, shoes, as majority of them are made in china. so staying truer to their anti china belief, they can riot naked, and hurl their computers, macs, iphones, smart phones at those who stand against them as they're all made in china too. and they have to remember their bodies are sourced from china too.

instead of the puny weak targets, Why not they go closer to the source of their angsty anger by hurling their petrol bombs, shooting their arrows at the PLA garrisons stationed all round HKG? they can even cross the lo wu border and do the riot there so HK locals and expats can get on with their daily lives, work, get their children a good education for a brighter future, as we do have lives and aspirations based on reality.

Last edited by scarred; 18-11-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    ppqq likes this.

it looks like a copy paste, wumao mucho?

Regina and co: non-solutions from the pro-govt camp

After Regina proposing to hire mercenaries here is another idiot proposing an idiotic non solution
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20191118.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    After Regina proposing to hire mercenaries here is another idiot proposing an idiotic non solution
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20191118.htm
    Forget Free Hong Kong. Are we gonna have a new Republic of Idiots? Like exceptionally idiot of all idiots. One you will never ever see again? Rarest of rare species of Idiots. That's how it will be if we let these idiots hold the rein.Jaysus!!!