Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bdw

Best deal on a new iPhone

Closed Thread

Best deal on a new iPhone

My existing iPhone is dying of old age and excessive use.

Any suggestions on the best deal for getting a replacement?

I'll be sticking with an IPhone and prefer the smaller sized models - not too fussy which one.

"Best Deal" and "New iphone" don't really go well together in the same sentence. Prices are generally fixed. The best you can do is maybe check if Fortress, Broadway, Wilson, etc have a deal with your credit card at the moment, eg Standard Chartered spend over $5k and get $400 rebate or something like this. If you are smart, you can also get like $150 cash coupons when spending in shopping malls like Harbour City. So go to Fortress in Harbour City and get the maximum $550 off

Or consider a second hand one from Carousell. It's full of idiots that need the latest and greatest every year so need somewhere to offload their 1-2 year old phones. But still, a 2 year old iphone is more expensive than something like a brand new Xiaomi 9, 9T, Mix3, etc. If you want a good deal, get a Xiaomi, excellent phones for a fraction of the cost.

@ bdw Thanks - believe it or not, the last time I purchased a mobile phone for myself was a Nokia sometime in the 1990s (I think). Current phone and it's predecessors were provided by my employers.