Artificial grass and drainage underlay

Closed Thread

Artificial grass and drainage underlay

Looking to buy AstroTurf/artificial grass as well as the drainage underlay (HDPE grid/cell design not the foam one), about 100sqm.

Willing to travel to a garden centre to look and arrange local delivery. So far only been to one in sai kung but $660/sqm for drainage board and grass is daylight robbery. The drainage board is 1/4 the price in Australia, where it's from. I'm sure the grass is a lot cheaper in Holland, where it's from. A China/China combo is totally fine with me.

This quantity is very expensive to ship via taobao/alibaba/indiamart so hoping I can find something more reasonable locally. The grass and underlay would be nudging 300kg each.

Thanks

go to flower market in prince edward and have a look around there.

Domestic
    Artificial Turf in Hong Kong, ,Materials & Equipment

or
    Commercial
    https://www.liveturf-hk.com/contact-us

Didn't James Middleton of Clear The Air also install astroturf for government facilities (that was a casual conversation many years ago so I could be wrong)

Great leads, thanks I'll check them out.

Question

Did you find a supplier in the end for this type of grass?

In the end I found what I wanted on taobao. Shipping wasn't actually that bad in the end. The grass I bought was 45RMB per sqm, and delivery for all 80sqm and 160kg of it, in 4x40kg rolls was about 1500RMB. The drainage cell was cheap and light but shipping was expensive because of its volume. Can't remember shipping price but unit price was about 20RMB/sqm.

Happy enough with the grass, it's going well and should be good for another 2-3 years at this rate, which is fine for the price I paid. Drainage cell wasn't as strong as I wanted but backed up with medium gravel it holds its height and allows good water drainage, so still worth it.

I did find a few supposed suppliers for the drainage cell locally but since none returned my calls or emails I gave up. Maybe they only service larger installations? I have no idea.

Thank you this is very useful, appreciate the advice

Hi gch555, would you mind PM'ing the details of who you bought it from? Did you install it yourself?
    I'm looking to install it on our roof and got quoted $450sqm incl installation for 30mm pile height.